PDA

View Full Version : Where to get Metronidazole?

arl
05-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Where can I get metronidazole? I am from Saskatchewan Canada and none of the LFS here sells them. I tried getting it from the pharmacy but it's a prescription drug. Any body here from Canada who knows where I can get them. I saw some at mops.ca, but they're a bit expensive. Just wondering if there's a cheaper alternative.

RyanH
05-18-2007, 11:21 PM
Hi there,

I would give Jehmco a call to see if they will ship to Canada. They are an excellent source for fish meds and good people.

http://www.jehmco.com/

hth :)

-Ryan

April
05-19-2007, 01:14 AM
hello there..i have the seachen metro..10.00 a tube. usually most lfs sell it for more..if you want it..i can send it..but of course it takes time..and a long weekend. but..if you want it just for backup..then i do have it. im in vancouver.
or..jehmco..but not sure on the customs end of things.

arl
05-19-2007, 01:18 AM
Hi there,

I would give Jehmco a call to see if they will ship to Canada. They are an excellent source for fish meds and good people.

http://www.jehmco.com/

hth :)

-Ryan

Thanks a lot for the link I'll try if they will ship to Canada. They are selling 100gm metronidazole at 9 times or so less !!! WOW!!!

arl
05-19-2007, 01:42 AM
hello there..i have the seachen metro..10.00 a tube. usually most lfs sell it for more..if you want it..i can send it..but of course it takes time..and a long weekend. but..if you want it just for backup..then i do have it. im in vancouver.
or..jehmco..but not sure on the customs end of things.

Hi April, I just noticed some white poop hanging from the PB more than a week ago but didn't really bother with it much until I noticed that he doesn't eat anymore and is becoming to be one of the smallest in the group. I just thought of trying metro on him. Those cobalts are the best grower in the group all 4 of them are almost the biggest now, I remember them to be the smallest when I got them from you. How many grams is the metro that you have? Not really in a hurry to use it just want to have it handy when I will need them. I want to try increasing the temp. and do 3 X WC this weekend and see if it helps.

Antonio

disvegas
05-19-2007, 07:48 PM
I got my Metro from http://www.dogcatetc.com/index.html. 100 tablets with 500mg (doubled strength) is for only $21.89 plus shipping. I have recently had similar problem with my PB and the medicine really took care of the problem in a few days. Hope that helps.

Collin,

April
05-19-2007, 09:17 PM
heh hi antonio. didnt know your user name on here. : ) crank the heat up to almost 90. there always seems to be one in the group.. if not..metro. im me your address..ill send you the food i promised you..and a thing of metro.of course..long weekend..but ill send it express mail. glad the rest are doing well. the more wc you can do..the better.

pcsb23
05-20-2007, 06:01 AM
Its worth cranking the heat and increasing w/c's also try foods like fbw or if you can get some safe live food that is worth a try too. It could still be stressed fro being bullied and moved etc. The shed their stomach lining when not eating so it can easily be mistaken for hex or spiro.

arl
06-02-2007, 06:38 PM
heh hi antonio. didnt know your user name on here. : ) crank the heat up to almost 90. there always seems to be one in the group.. if not..metro. im me your address..ill send you the food i promised you..and a thing of metro.of course..long weekend..but ill send it express mail. glad the rest are doing well. the more wc you can do..the better.

Thanks for the jar of Formula one flakes and the metro. I've finish the mtro treatment and they seemed to hve been cured. I am having gill flukes problem now though. Treated them with prazi-pro. Teh target fish was cured but another 5 discus now seemed to have flared or shut down gills. will try another prazi-pro treatment.