PDA

View Full Version : Painted Tank! What A Difference....

Kindredspirit
05-22-2007, 10:04 AM
( i lied...needed my own thread! )

You guys, check out this background ~ it is my fav color as some know:) but I wish I had done it a long time ago! The colors and how clear and bright, crisp this tank is now ~ I love it so much!....I think the substrate looks okay with it ...yeah? I was worried ~

Is this not the most beautiful color you have ever seen? Admit it...! It is o.k.a.y....:D

I can not believe my background is periwinkle ~ Thanks, Amber:D Ya did good woman...you did real good...!Hell, all my tanks are periwinkle now ~ only have 2 ~ but hey....hmm....I think I will do the Puffer tank next!

I'm on a roll.......hell, all the walls too?....ceiling?

Thanks For Peeking!

Marie ~ :balloon:

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa228/puffergirl/IMG_3600Small.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa228/puffergirl/IMG_3606Small.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa228/puffergirl/IMG_3624Small.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa228/puffergirl/IMG_3625Small.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa228/puffergirl/IMG_3628Small.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa228/puffergirl/IMG_3645Small.jpg

dandestroy
05-22-2007, 10:24 AM
Hey Marie, that's exactly what you should do...

stop painting the tank and paint the wall all around your house...

then you can put any new aquarium anywhere without painting them and its going to work :D

poconogal
05-22-2007, 11:07 AM

then you can put any new aquarium anywhere without painting them and its going to work :D
That's a good idea!

Marie, it looks beautiful with the fish!

tpl*co
05-22-2007, 11:26 AM
Looks great Marie,

Brings out the colors of the fish and rocks well :thumbsup:

Tina

Kindredspirit
05-22-2007, 06:51 PM

Really, Francios! No background...just paint the walls! Good idea!

Thanks Connie!

dandestroy
05-22-2007, 07:34 PM
than you can also wear a striped shirt or a spotted one, or a plain blue one, and you always going to stand out beautifully everywhere you walk in your house... for the great enjoyment of your fish:D

Darren's Discus
05-22-2007, 07:40 PM
It's easier and cheaper if you just paint a Discus murial on your wall you can have any Discus you want you never have to feed them they never get sick and they don't need wc !! Marie looks awesome.

cheers

Kindredspirit
05-22-2007, 08:53 PM
than you can also wear a striped shirt or a spotted one, or a plain blue one, and you always going to stand out beautifully everywhere you walk in your house... for the great enjoyment of your fish:D

You are nuts!:)

It's easier and cheaper if you just paint a Discus murial on your wall you can have any Discus you want you never have to feed them they never get sick and they don't need wc !! Marie looks awesome.

cheers

Thanks, Darren ~ oh and the only way I would have taken Andrew's book, FOC...is if you delivered it personally...Just so you know;)

dandestroy
05-22-2007, 11:17 PM
Serious question,

can we paint an acrylic tank this way?

Darren's Discus
05-22-2007, 11:35 PM
Thanks, Darren ~ oh and the only way I would have taken Andrew's book, FOC...is if you delivered it personally...Just so you know;)[/QUOTE]
That was my excuse to go to the states but now you found it not allowed to go !

cheers

Kindredspirit
05-23-2007, 12:14 AM
Serious question,

I do not see why not, Francios, but might want to take out a thread just to be sure:)

Kindredspirit
05-23-2007, 12:15 AM
Thanks, Darren ~ oh and the only way I would have taken Andrew's book, FOC...is if you delivered it personally...Just so you know
That was my excuse to go to the states but now you found it not allowed to go !;)

hmm....

dandestroy
05-23-2007, 01:08 AM
I do not see why not, Francios, but might want to take out a thread just to be sure:)

will do...and will ask about sterilization also i guess.

really like you color, but be sure to let us know How it handle water.

Kindredspirit
05-23-2007, 09:20 AM
really like you color, but be sure to let us know How it handle water.

Francois, I have not had any prob with water yet, but this paint seems to be sensitive to scratches....! If you look up close and personal at these tanks with this paint on it you can see little marks here and there that the light shines thru...that is annoying to say the least ~ also where I put my filters there are little marks!

You can cover all this with a tall plant of course...

tpl*co
05-23-2007, 10:05 AM
Looks like I'll need to get on the painted tank bandwagon too. Aiming for a nice aquamarine blue :). How much paint does it take? I've gotta do the 29 gallon since my little ones are checking out what's outside the window. The hardware store has some nice sample paint pods of the color I like (with little mini rollers :))

Tina

AmberC
05-23-2007, 11:09 AM
I can not believe my background is periwinkle ~ Thanks, Amber:D Ya did good woman...you did real good...!Hell, all my tanks are periwinkle now ~ onl

Marie ~ :balloon:

I'm glad you like it :D Ya know.. looking at the pics again today.. it does not look as dark to me now lol .. perhaps it was just my eyes... :confused: ;) :p But I do think it looks a little different than the 20 gallon which probably is the lighting.

Amber

AmberC
05-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Marie.. In the fourth picture (from the top! ;) ) what is that white thing on the bottom of the tank that looks like a piece of chalk? lol

Amber

poconogal
05-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Marie.. In the fourth picture (from the top! ;) ) what is that white thing on the bottom of the tank that looks like a piece of chalk? lol

Amber
It DOES look like a white piece of chalk! Marie, you can use that to touch up any peppering!

Tropical Haven
05-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Serious question,

You could but then you are always stuck with that color, if you try to remove it you are gonna mess the tank up because acylic is porus and there would be residue under the surface that you wouldn't get rid of.

Kindredspirit
05-23-2007, 04:52 PM
I But I do think it looks a little different than the 20 gallon which probably is the lighting.

Amber

Yup! The 20gal this min in time...looks a drap blue:( The 55gal is awesome!

Kindredspirit
05-23-2007, 04:53 PM

Amber

It is a rock:)

It DOES look like a white piece of chalk! Marie, you can use that to touch up any peppering!

LOL!

fishmama
05-23-2007, 05:29 PM
I love that color...looks great Marie!

tpl*co
05-23-2007, 09:20 PM
OK, what did you guys do about brush strokes showing through? The sunlight comes through my tank and I can still see brush strokes after 2 coats :p. Discus are calming down though since they can see out the window to the outside anymore :p

Tina