PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from Aquarama 2007

roadspike
05-24-2007, 10:52 AM
http://www.discus.com.my/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=478&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Some pics from Aquarama 2007, Singapore. The grand champ looks awesome !

Ryan
05-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Unfortunately, I can't see them. Do you have to be a member of that forum to view the pictures?

Tropical Haven
05-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Yea, I can't see the pics either.

greyhoundfan
05-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Yea, I can't see the pics either.

Ditto..I like the discuses in everyone's avatar.

magewynd
05-24-2007, 12:37 PM
try this link -

http://www.discusclubsg.com/yabbse/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=3022

Ryan
05-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Wow, that first blue discus with the faint snakeskin pattern is beautiful!

Thanks for the link :)

Tropical Haven
05-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Those are some great looking discus for sure, thanks for posting the link.

roadspike
05-24-2007, 02:21 PM
Apology to everyone, yes you have to be a member and login to view the pics.

Ryan
05-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Apology to everyone, yes you have to be a member and login to view the pics.

I tried to register but the site kept saying it couldn't validate my e-mail address. Thank you for posting the link, though. I managed to see them at the Discus Club SG site :)

AmberC
05-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Wow gorgeous!

Amber

alxjss
05-24-2007, 04:06 PM
Breathtaking!!!!

LizStreithorst
05-24-2007, 04:11 PM
I didn't agree with every placement. Who would? I saw each fish from only one angle. There are some fish that I would yearn for there if I could have them. Thanks so much for the link.

Rod
05-24-2007, 06:05 PM
wow nice, thanks for the link. That albino red turk is awesome.

Rod

April
05-24-2007, 07:20 PM
heh rod..you didnt go this year i take it... too busy?

Rod
05-24-2007, 08:00 PM
heh rod..you didnt go this year i take it... too busy?

Yeah too busy, i think my wife must have sensed my disapointment, she has booked a room at the resort at Seaworld this weekend instead. :D Still get to look at fishies....lol.

Rod :)

kaceyo
05-25-2007, 10:11 AM
I looked for pics on DPH and didn't see any. They usualy have the compitition pics right away.

devonpond
05-25-2007, 11:08 AM
I get the impression that European entries were slim this year, based on the announced winners. (one winner from Poland)

ripped from Richard (Trident) at DXK:

The results,
Class 1 Solid Blue
1st prize - Tan Choo Boon/Tony Tan - Malaysia

Class 1 Solid Blue
2nd prize - Ng Chun Yong - Malaysia

Class 1 Solid Blue
3rd prize - Terence Chia - Singapore

Class 2 Solid Red
1st prize - Lim Wei Chong (Ricky) - Malaysia

Class 2 Solid Red
2nd prize - Ivan Seah - Singapore

Class 2 Solid Red
3rd prize - Tran Quan Quoc - Vietnam

Class 3 Solid Yellow
1st prize - Roy Khoo Seng Chye - Singapore

Class 3 Solid Yellow
2nd prize - Na Chun Yong- Malaysia

Class 3 Solid Yellow
3rd prize - Na Chun Yong - Malaysia

Class 4 Red Spotted fine-line
1st prize - Lawrence Soon - Malaysia
GRAND CHAMPION

2nd prize - Ivan Seah - Singapore

3rd prize - Henry Goh - Singapore

Class 5 - Spotted Red
1st prize - Tan Chin Siong - Malaysia

Class 5 Spotted Red
2nd prize - AhKai Discus - Singapore

Class 5 Spotted Red
3rd prize - AhKai Discus - Singapore

Class 6 Pattern
1st prize - Lawrence Soon - Malaysia

Class 6 Pattern
2nd prize - Lee Kien Leong Raymond - Singapore

Class 6 Pattern
3rd prize - Tan Xu Yen - Vietnam

Class 7 Thin-line stripes
1st prize - C K Neoh - Malaysia

2nd prize - Dariusz Kozinski - Poland

3rd prize - Tan Choo Boon/Tony Tan - Malaysia

Class 8 Thick-line stripes
1st prize - Too Kim Khor - Malaysia

2nd prize - Na Chun Yong - Malaysia

3rd prize - Jasry Mahat - Singapore

Class 9 Albino
1st prize - Jeffery Yang Pik Han/Paul Lucas - Malaysia

Class 9 Albino
2nd prize - Jeffery Yang Pik Han/Paul Lucas - Malaysia

Class 9 Albino
3rd prize - Colline Heng - Singapore

Class 10 - Unclassified Solid colour
1st prize - Albert Tan - Singapore

2nd prize - Albert Tan - Singapore

3rd prize - R. Govindarajan - Singapore

Class 11 - Unclassified pattern/stripes/spotted
1st prize - Tan Choo Boon/Tony Tan - Malaysia

2nd prize - Kelvin Chiang - Singapore

3rd prize - Tan Xu Yen - Vietnam

disvegas
05-26-2007, 04:27 AM
try this link -

http://www.discusclubsg.com/yabbse/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=3022

WOW!!! They are just soooooo amazingly gorgeous! Thanks for the post.

Collin,

Condor
05-26-2007, 07:15 AM
That is too cool. Thanks for sharing

Adrian

SLY
05-26-2007, 09:23 AM
the standard dip this year, I was kinda disappointed with the overall result..a deformed fish was crown champ..I really don't know and I expected that when I came to know 1 of the judge. LOL dont ask me who.

http://www.discusrealms.com/viewtopic.php?t=185

VerSus13
05-27-2007, 04:50 AM
the standard dip this year, I was kinda disappointed with the overall result..a deformed fish was crown champ..I really don't know and I expected that when I came to know 1 of the judge. LOL dont ask me who.

http://www.discusrealms.com/viewtopic.php?t=185
agree with that..the standard had dipped a lot this year :( a real disappointment for all the visitors to the show..

Paul Lucas
05-27-2007, 06:29 AM
..a deformed fish was crown champ..

Sly, are you saying that the Grand Champion was a deformed fish? I have no alliances with the owner of the Grand Champion but would for my own, and others on the board, just wish to know what you mean by saying this fish is deformed. I think I know what you are pointing to but just for clarification please if you would.

Paul :coffee:

LizStreithorst
05-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Yes, Please explain Sly. There were other placements that I wondered about but not this one. The GCH looks to me to be deserving of the award.

jack396
05-27-2007, 09:01 AM
All of those fish look like they pump iron!;)

SLY
05-27-2007, 09:29 AM
I am not talking about the grand champ..I am talking about the champ in 1 of the class..I wouldnt say which one because I was there and I saw that..a friend also pointed out but heck..if the judges can't see then it's a champ fish.

LizStreithorst
05-27-2007, 09:55 AM
I am not talking about the grand champ..I am talking about the champ in 1 of the class..I wouldnt say which one because I was there and I saw that..a friend also pointed out but heck..if the judges can't see then it's a champ fish.

OK, I have no arguement with that. I see a couple of winners that I feel should have been loosers. Thanks for the clairification.

Paul Lucas
05-27-2007, 11:40 AM

Sly, thanks for pointing that out - NOT the Grand Champion but a class winner - OK! Now, isn't this what Andrew was debating over on the Malaysian Discus forum a week ago? Judges should disqualify a fish which is deformed? Did you see the thread? Andrew believes deformed fishes should be disqualified but judges do not have the b**lls to do it because they may get blacklisted, lose friends and not judge again because they are too harsh. What do you think? Should judges have the power to disqualify a fish they feel has a defect and if so what constitutes a defect? This was,as I say, debated heavily on the Malaysian forum but there was no clear cut answer to the problem.

There were indeed some deformed fishes that I saw from some very good pictures but of course class 9 was perfect lol!!!!!!!:angel:

Paul - Discus South (Southampton UK)

LizStreithorst
05-27-2007, 12:14 PM
I don't suppose there's anywhere that we can see pics of these fish from different angles, is there?

Paul, I agree class 9 was fine, but where is the pic of the 2nd place fish? I only see #s 1 and 3.

Paul Lucas
05-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Hi Liz - it's at the link below - an Albino Pearl

http://www.discusclubsg.com/yabbse/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=3022;sta rt=15

Paul

kaceyo
05-27-2007, 01:06 PM
There should be no need to disqualify a deformed fish. It should simply not place if the judges are doing their jobs. Seems like the real problem is that these fish are given high scores when flaws are overlooked. Then they are not judging the fish, but the owner (?).

Kacey

LizStreithorst
05-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Sorry Paul, I was blind! Congratulations! I was so busy looking at the fish that I didn't notice the names of the owners. BTW, I like your second place fish a little better, but then I'm partial to solids.

I sure with I could see a pic of the 1st palce fish in the 1st class at a different angle.

I think that if you are to disqualify for a deformity more narrow parameters of exactly what is considered a deformity should be defined. (abnormally short spine, or crooked spine for example) Some people call Bulldogs deformed. Some people breed for the look. Otherwise I agree with Kacey. I think that if there is no fish deserving of a blue ribbon in a class, the judge should start the class with a second place ribbon. At least that way, a poor quality fish won't be percieved as being in the same league with the other calss winners.

Hi Liz - it's at the link below - an Albino Pearl

http://www.discusclubsg.com/yabbse/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=3022;sta rt=15

Paul

SLY
05-28-2007, 01:09 AM
There should be no need to disqualify a deformed fish. It should simply not place if the judges are doing their jobs. Seems like the real problem is that these fish are given high scores when flaws are overlooked. Then they are not judging the fish, but the owner (?).

Kacey

Same sentiments..they dont need to be disqualified just out of the top 3 placing. That will be good enough.

Paul are u talking about andrew soh? if yes andrew always has his own opinion and he can go on and on till I get drunk with my coffee lol
Anyway what are the criterias for being a judge? Heck any one of us can be a judge..you just need a good eye and ofcoz an unbiase heart.