View Full Version : Wattleys frozen discus gelatin nastiness?

Xirxes
05-25-2007, 05:15 PM
What is up with this stuff... the fish spit it all out, and am i supposed to leave it in that weird gelatin cube form or mash it up and rinse it or what?!?! seems to cloud the water and even my clown loaches will leave a large chunk undisturbed!

Anyone who uses this stuff please let me know what the deal is thanks.

2jzpower
05-25-2007, 06:11 PM
i just leave mine for a while and it gets soft and the fish gobble it up... but if you get an old batch it'll have a rubbery consistency and not get soft and fish just look at it like WTH?!

Xirxes
05-25-2007, 06:33 PM
i soaked mine for about 30 mins... and tried to rinse... it looked like one of those fake ice cubes! not cold, but very rubbery. Should you recommend i attmpt to take it back? the fish dont like it lol

Xirxes
05-25-2007, 07:07 PM
i must retract part of my statement... looks like my three fatbellied clown loaches gobbled the stuff up, they look like TUBES they are so round hahaha. at least i can focus feed them now, my discus will stick to flake and bloodworms.

discusfire4
05-26-2007, 08:18 AM
Mine love it. They will only eat it only after it has been in the tank for about 15 minutes.

sledwood
05-26-2007, 11:55 PM
I use it as a supplement to my home made BH. I usually cut up a couple of those cubes into small bits with a very sharp knife and kind of mix it up with the BH. Doesn't usually last very long in my tanks...............Ed