PDA

View Full Version : Where do YOU have your auto feeder?

poconogal
05-26-2007, 01:53 PM
I've been using the Eheim (original) auto feeder. I have a hole cut out on the back strip of the glass top so that the food can drop in. I always got a few strays of Tetra Bits elsewhere, but not too bad.

I bought new Tetra Bits and they seem to be sized or shaped, or something differently. Now I end up with Bits all over the darn place, on the floor behind the tank, on the glass tops, they are even bouncing into the bottom of my cabinet from the floor.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Any other place to put the feeder? I do have a canopy on top of the tank.

Kindredspirit
05-27-2007, 09:28 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_29_124.gif

poconogal
05-27-2007, 09:39 AM
:kiss:

korbi_doc
05-27-2007, 09:41 AM
:D Ok, my auto feeders sit on top of the AC filter & drop feed right into the waterfall, lol......smaller tanks just falls thru an open hole I cut into plastic......Dottie ;)

poconogal
05-27-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm trying this now: I moved the feeder and its now on an angle over the hole. I had to move my light strip forward as far as it can go. I also had to move the location of my moon lights in the canopy forward so that they don't hit the light strip when the top of the canopy is closed. I tried dispensing manually to see if the bits fall into the tank properly with the new set up, and they seemed to. So I think I may have the problem fixed.

Polar_Bear
05-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Where it's always been; on a shelf, in it's box, in my fishroom.

poconogal
05-27-2007, 01:33 PM
Where it's always been; on a shelf, in it's box, in my fishroom.

Well, no chance of it spewing bits all over the place that way! So I guess you are the auto feeder... or have you given that job to Ingrid? :D

triumph1921
05-27-2007, 10:25 PM
Hi Guys

My autofeeder is placed at the back of the tank as well..............

Only thing different is it has a peice of plastic pipe underneath it ( just used one from an old gravel cleaner).Now the food falls straight into the pipe and then when it becomes heavy sinks into tank below...........but my discus are lined below waiting for it to drop.No more bouncing peices and food floating all over then tank.....clean and highly effecient.:angel:

HTH

cheers

poconogal
05-28-2007, 09:56 AM
Only thing different is it has a peice of plastic pipe underneath it ( just used one from an old gravel cleaner).Now the food falls straight into the pipe and then when it becomes heavy sinks into tank below...........but my discus are lined below waiting for it to drop.No more bouncing peices and food floating all over then tank.....clean and highly effecient.
Great idea! Are you using the Eheim feeder? If so, can you possibly post a picture of how you have this set up?