PDA

View Full Version : Eggs on a plant in 55 gal

pip4eva
06-02-2007, 12:33 AM
URL removed link is suspect

:)))We just got our first eggs. Not sure which one is the female, but we spotted the male fertilizing them.

I'm not sure what to do, this will be our first.....

They laid the eggs on a plant. Once we discover which is the female, should we take the plant/eggs & parents out? We do have a smaller tank that was used to treat a couple of sick ones.

Thanks!

Mack
06-02-2007, 03:30 AM
I'd move the pair (if you know for sure which ones they are) into a seperate tank and not worry about the existing eggs since they should lay again soon. Good luck!
Mack

pip4eva
06-02-2007, 11:06 AM
URL removed link is suspect

:)))Thanks, that's what we were kind of thinking.....
Unfortunately, they did already eat them!

We're having a hard time telling which is the female. We definitely know that male....we spotted him fertiliziing. However, we have two red pigeons that stay very close to one another. All three fish have been in the corner by this leaf for awhile.

My initial guess is the large pigeon is the female, it seems to be hang out closer to the male than the other. The other pigeon, which is much smaller, stays a bit farther out.

I guess we'll just have to keep watching them over the next week. I though I saw a breeding tube sticking out from the larger pigeon, but it is very small. The male's was quite obvious.

I took pics, have to get them loaded. I'll post soon.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Beth
06-02-2007, 02:45 PM
DON'T Click on that link

http://Außerdem wollte ich dir noch sagen, dass ich dich lieb hab

it gave me a virus

Beth

wilkes
06-02-2007, 03:32 PM
congrats on the eggs for how ever breif it was hope you have better luck next time.wilkes