PDA

View Full Version : Discus Hans Auction.

Snuffy
06-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Hello All,
I just wanted to send out a public THANK YOU to Hans and Brewmaster for the opportunity to get my hands on some pretty spectacular STENDKER discus that they auctioned off on 5/14. After I won the auction I got in touch with Al and took care of the payment part of the deal and let me tell you Al is a really nice guy to deal with. Now that I got the business part out of the way the fun part began and that is correspondence with Discus Hans he is a true gentlemen in ever sense of the word. I had an idea of which fish I was looking to get and sent Hans an email with the strains I was looking for and he said I have some really nice other strains such as pigeon snakes and flachen x's so he sent me some pic's of what he was talking about. So now I didn't know what I wanted and I guess Hans could tell I was undecided and Hans being Hans decided to send me a special invite to go see him in Maryland. So Saturday morning with GPS in hand I was on a road trip to meet with Hans and pick up some stendkers. All I can say is What A FACILITY, I was in discus heaven he has a really well thought out setup with rows and rows of beautiful fish, needless to say I almost lost my mind trying to pick. Hans helped me pick out some really cool looking fish, ones I have never seen before (pigeon snakes) what a very hearty group of fish I took home in that auction. Thanks Again Hans & Al

P.S. When I figure out how to post pic's on Simply I will post my new STENDKERS.

April
06-03-2007, 06:53 PM
congrats. i have a some flachen x snakes i got from hans a few weeks ago. 6 inch size. they are caring for eggs right now. so ill see how that goes. seems like tons..not sure if he fertilized or not..but hes attacking me when i go close..so a good sign.
easy to post pics..go to manage attachments below this box you reply in. click on browse and find your pic on your harddrive and double click. then upload. if its too big youd have to downsize it with a shrinking program. im sure your camera software has it.
sounds like you were in discus heaven.

Darren's Discus
06-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Would of been a great day to go to hans place !

very envious look forward to the pics !

cheers

Snuffy
06-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks April I just uploaded lets see what happens.

Snuffy
06-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Hello All

I am trying to post the fish that I won in the Stenker auction but this is my first time posting pic so please be patient.

Eric

Snuffy
06-06-2007, 12:49 PM
Two More Pic's

Hope Everyone Enjoy's

Eric

Tropical Haven
06-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Very nice fish Eric, you must be smiling from ear to ear. Keep us posted on the progress of these guys.

Ryan
06-06-2007, 01:13 PM
The pigeon snake and the blue snake are both gorgeous fish. I'm glad you got to go visit Hans and pick them out in person!

April
06-06-2007, 01:18 PM
thats one colourful tank. looks great. congrats.

brewmaster15
06-06-2007, 01:23 PM
They Look Great Eric! Looks like Hans took great care of you!!

I Really like the Pb snake as well.

Thanks again to both of you!:)

-al

Snuffy
06-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Hello all

The one thing that did forget to tell you all is that two of the fish that I picked up from Hans on Saturday have already paired up and are mating in my tank. I got home from work on Monday and the Pigeon Snake (male) was mating with the snake skin hows that for getting comfortable. Thanks April for the tip on posting pics. Thanks again Al and Ryan for setting up the auction with Hans. Hey Scott you got that right I am smiling from ear to ear I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks Guys
Eric

greyhoundfan
06-06-2007, 03:14 PM
WOW!! Very Nice..

Thank you Hans and April for helping out this wonderful site.

April
06-06-2007, 04:13 PM
i didnt do nothing. lol. i offered to ship to canadians..but the canadians didnt win. hans is the man.
i believe hans is away right now..in holland and germany ..if hes not posting..hes busy . think hes having a non-fish holiday.

dandestroy
06-06-2007, 04:23 PM
i didnt do nothing. lol. i offered to ship to canadians..but the canadians didnt win. hans is the man..

Hey I'm canadian... still:D

Rod
06-06-2007, 05:46 PM
very nice Eric, a great combination of colors there. Well done.

Rod:)

bsmith782
06-06-2007, 07:40 PM
do you leave the black light on the tank at all times?

Darren's Discus
06-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Very nice discus,some nice colour in your tank all the best with them !

cheers

Discus-Hans
06-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Thanks Eric for the nice words and I'm glad you had fun.
Good to see the Discus made the trip well.

The color on the Discus is prety good already because Eric got from me 5" in sted of the 4" he won/bought, he had "first place" in the auction, so I thought he deserved a little extra.

April, I'm leaving Friday and it's not going to be a "fish less vacation" the day we arive in Holland (7am) it's up to my daughter, drop off our stuff and make the 3 hour drive to Germany to give Joanne a tour at the facility.

The Discus club in Holland heared I was comming so I've to do a talk over there, but those are all fun things.

Hans

bsmith782
06-07-2007, 06:38 PM
do you leave the black light on the tank at all times?

yes, no, maybe?

CARY_GLdiscus
06-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Nice job everyone!

alxjss
06-07-2007, 06:55 PM
Holly Molly!! Now those r some fish. I am sooooo jealous!!! Congrats and i no u will enjoy them. Mine r fantastic too if they would get along!!!

fishmama
06-07-2007, 07:44 PM
B-

To answer your question, I do not think he has a black light on his tank at all.

hth
Lisa

bsmith782
06-07-2007, 08:36 PM
thanks fishmama!

does anyone know what type of lighting that is, it makes the fish look flourescent, i gotta get some!

B

Snuffy
06-08-2007, 01:12 PM
Hello Everyone
Let me start by saying thank you all for all the complements on my tank it makes me feel good knowing that I must be doing something right. Alot has to do with Hans and his Stendkers because with out him I would not have so many different colors to choose from. I must also give thanks & credit to Mathias from discus madness for his additions to my tank and MarksDiscus from E-bay. As far as the lighting in the tank I use 2 X 48inch light strips that hold 3 bulbs each, I purchased them from foster & Smith i will leave link at bottom of page. I usually use just one light strip on the regular basis and that is plenty and I use the second light strip to take photos and to impress family and friends when they come to visit. As you can clearly see the fish look amazing with the extra light. The method does not work well with dark gravel and the fish look sickly which I found out through trial and error. I also think having the white gravel spreads the effect of the lights that I use by just being reflected upward towards the fish. About 20 years ago with my first discus tank I tried using a black light to light my tank up at night and it did not seem to work as well as one might think it would, so I scrapped that idea. Back then the light strips only held one 48 inch bulb at a time and I would keep 3 on top of my 120 gallon tank to get enough light in my tank, what can I say I wanna see whats going on in there. Thanks Again

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=9869&N=2004+113349