PDA

View Full Version : Another new dicus guy

Gointhediscus
06-05-2007, 08:32 PM
hello, folks. i have been keeping a saltwater tank (is that a swear word here?) for about 2 years. i am debating turning my 90gal into a planted discus tank when i upgrade my other tank. it would be a 90gal tank with 260 watts of pc light. other equipment, substrate, rock, etc will be purchased after more research has been done and decisions have been made.

i've been reading a great deal of posts on this site, and i am trying to gain as much info as possible (i've been a member for a few days, but this is my first post). anyway, just saying hi. i look forward to becoming part of the discusfish community.

Joander123
06-05-2007, 08:40 PM
heyaa..... no saltwater isnt a swear.... YET. (haha i keep a SW tank too.)

Nice to meet you though, and welcome to the board.... it is a really great place with some really great people who have helped me and many others very much.

Good luck with the discus, hope to hear back from you once everything is up and running 8).

-Jay

Darren's Discus
06-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Welcome to simply.

cheers

Camden
06-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Welcome to simply. Hope you enjoy. Perhaps when I get my first salt set up I can pester you with questions :D

AADiscus
06-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Welcome to Simply.

Discus_KC
06-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Nice to see another fan of the round fishies !!!

Jack

ezeke1
06-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Welcome to Simply!!

Tropical Haven
06-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Welcome to the board, glad to see that you finally registered. Hope you enjoy your stay, there is a lot of great people on here to help you along the way.

White Worm
06-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Welcome and keep reading. There is so much knowledge to be gained here from reading and then ask away. There is always someone around to help out, give advice or just learn from. When you make your decisions, the #1 important decision is where to get your discus from. Look in the sponsor section or locate a local breeder. Do your research and start with quality. It makes all the difference. Stay away from GOOD deals, aquabid, lfs's, etc. Discus are different than most as you can already figure and most dont know how to care for them because they have particular requirements to keep them happy and healthy. Where do you live?

RyanH
06-06-2007, 02:08 PM
hello, folks. i have been keeping a saltwater tank (is that a swear word here?) for about 2 years.

Blasphemy!!! :D:D:D

I love marine tanks. I'm hoping to get back into them in the next couple of years.

Welcome to Simply!:wave:

wilkes
06-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Hi and welcome to simply discus you will find that ppl here are freindly

surya_niki
06-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Welcome Aboard Soilder!

Happy planted and discus keeping.

Regards,
Surya

Snuffy
06-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Welcome to Simply there are great people here to help you when you need answers.Lots and Lots of INFO here.

Best Regards
Eric

Gointhediscus
06-06-2007, 10:25 PM
thanks for all the warm welcomes. i've been spending time reading through the archives, and it seems that almost every question is answered somewhere.

does anyone know of any good breeders/dealers that i could check out in Nebraska? denver would be a possibility i suppose.

would a CO2 system be a necessity with pc lights? i'm under the impression that more light would give a higher CO2 demand.