PDA

View Full Version : Want Revenge?

Squiggy
06-06-2007, 11:58 AM
I thought it only fair to let you guys and gals take a few swings at a couple of my fish.....:D

Go ahead...pick 'em apart.....

Turq
18 months (?)
6 inch SL

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k18/jsainson/turq3.jpg

This one was posted DU before at about 5 months of age.
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=51960
He was a runt then but has grown into my largest fish....

Turq
18 months (?)
6.5 inch SL

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k18/jsainson/turq-1.jpg

Have fun.

Joe

White Worm
06-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Why dont I see pics?

Squiggy
06-06-2007, 12:17 PM
:crazy:

They're there....honest....

:D

Polar_Bear
06-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Since I have seen this fish in person I know that this is a pretty poor photo, it's color is actually much better than is suggested. However, weak chin, dorsal that is oddly shaped with horrid boney rays, and not great soft rays either. Nape that is so-so, dorsal/nape transition is not bad. Anal fin is acceptable, but not great either. Eyes are slightly large, and there is the hint of a saddle just above (her?) mouth. Fairly round, but not perfect body. There is a fault in the anal fin in the soft rays, perhaps you need to remove the pirahana from her tank?

60-65 out of 100 from me.

Now... aren't you glad you asked?

Squiggy
06-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Larry...its two different fish...:D

I assume you were looking at the second pic...Yeah..the anal fin is a battle scar that still shows....I don't think the eye of the second fish is too large, but I do think its too far forward...

Thanks for looking..

Joe

Polar_Bear
06-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... not fair! You know I confuse easily!

Squiggy
06-12-2007, 03:25 PM
I know you confuse me easily....:D

LizStreithorst
06-12-2007, 04:09 PM
OK Squig, here goes...

In the first fish I like the transition from the nose into the dorsal. Very smooth and nicely rounded. I would prefer that the last few hard rays did not protrude as they do. Yes I do see a small bump in the nose but I consider it a very minor fault.

I'm not as crazy about this fish's under line. I see a weak chin first off. Secondly, although the fish is holding it's pelvic fins in a position that accentuate the appearance of roundness, I feel that the ventral fin starts too far back. This gives the fish the over all appearance of being top heavy.

The pattern is good but not striking.

I don't know the NADA score card, but if this fish were in my tanks I'll call him a 6.5.

LizStreithorst
06-12-2007, 04:17 PM
OK...Second fish...

Squiggy...before I evaluate this fish would you tell me whether or not she is holding her fins up? It appears not. Also, it doesn't help that there is another fish behind her caudel. It makes seeing the line of the fins difficult. Could you get a better pic?

Squiggy
06-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Good call on the first one, Liz. Her chest falls away too fast and straight ...especially in comparison to the rounded top half.
These fish are really difficult to photograph. There are 12 of them in a 50 gallon and half of them are 5 1/2 inches or better....:crazy:...They keep cutting in front of each other while I'm trying to shoot. I'll try for another shot on the second fish.

Joe