PDA

View Full Version : Whitish Spot/Blotch

kebanos7cs
06-06-2007, 08:24 PM
I'm starting to notice one Discus in the tank with a whitish blotchy mark on his face area. (Not completly white in color, but lighter then his body color, sort of looks like what a rash on our bodies would kinda look like.) His fins are a bit clamped down, the red mark on his side no longer shows and he is quite pale in color (more white in color rather than his normal beige) He is not eating but does show intrest in food. (Swims to the top right in front of the worm feeder, stares for a second or two, then slowly backs off from it)

The only available QT tank I have is a 10 Gallon which I'm trying to get up and ready for him to be tranfered into. It has nothing but a sponge filter in it right now that should already be cycled.

I'm thinking of treating him with Metronidazol along with the correct amount of aquarium salt... anyone/everyone else think this would be the best approach? Any other thoughts? :confused:

kebanos7cs
06-07-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm starting a manual feed on him right now. (Since he is not eating and looks like he has lost a ton of weight) I am medicating his food with a tiny amount of Metronidazole... I then shoot it down his throat with a syringe (without a needle of course) and place him back in his tank. I have done this with a few other of my sick fish... some of them I think were way too far gone and couldn't be helped... couple started to get their colors and strength back a bit.

If anybody has any thoughts about this, please respond.

Thanks!

hexed
06-09-2007, 01:51 AM
What are your water perimeters and what's your water change schedule? Is he swimming around, staying at the bottom or top, etc? It will help if you give as much info as possible. Is the tank bare bottom or graveled?