PDA

View Full Version : Take your pick of these albino discus

turkis
06-07-2007, 09:44 AM
Pictures taken in May during my Asian trip to Wayne Ng discus hatchery, enjoy.
Mario

:D :D :D

turkis
06-07-2007, 09:47 AM
More pictures.

ezeke1
06-07-2007, 10:05 AM
They look great! I hope you brought some back home with you ^_^

Kenny's Discus
06-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Those looked wonderful Mario, welcome back from your Asian trip!:)

I ordered one from Wayne but had to break an arm and a leg lol...it's a she and I like her a lot.;)

Thanks,
Kenny

Einlanzer
06-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Oooo beautiful fishes:)

SLY
06-07-2007, 10:31 AM
nice fish posted mario..hopefully I'll see you in HK in september if nothing screw me up..I'll be going up to visit wayne.

Kenny's Discus
06-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Hey Mario, bet you want to see these too! ;) 2nd day free-swimming from parents of Wayne's and Tony's. Only about 40 frys this time and it's extremely difficult to see the frys, as both fish turned quite dark, to which I like.:p

Tropical Haven
06-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Very nice Kenny, looks like those fry will have plenty of slime to feed off of. :D

By the way Kenny I left you a PM, not sure if your received it or not.

Kenny's Discus
06-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Sorry to cut in Mario...Scott, I just replied back to your pm. You're right I did miss it and for that I'm sry my friend.;)

Back to Mario's new albinos from Mr. Wayne Ng.

Kenny

VL67
06-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Nice picture Mario!!:) You are the envy of us all!!!:D:D

Regards,

Vince

turkis
06-07-2007, 03:30 PM
They look great! I hope you brought some back home with you ^_^

Hi Ezeke,
I didn't bring any fish back and whatever discus that are in my collection is more than sufficient. Those are great discus.
Thanks
Mario

turkis
06-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Those looked wonderful Mario, welcome back from your Asian trip!:)

I ordered one from Wayne but had to break an arm and a leg lol...it's a she and I like her a lot.;)

Thanks,
Kenny

Hi Kenny,
Thanks brother, you should have told me and I would have gotten you some.Ha!Ha!
Mario
;) ;) ;)

turkis
06-07-2007, 03:40 PM
nice fish posted mario..hopefully I'll see you in HK in september if nothing screw me up..I'll be going up to visit wayne.

Hi Louis,
I have taken a lot of pictures and just bidding my time posting them. Regarding September I don't know as the weather is still too hot and humid over there, I may go in November and to China too as they have a big Show coming up.
Thanks
Mario

;) ;) ;)

turkis
06-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Hey Mario, bet you want to see these too! ;) 2nd day free-swimming from parents of Wayne's and Tony's. Only about 40 frys this time and it's extremely difficult to see the frys, as both fish turned quite dark, to which I like.:p

Hi Kenny,
As usual you do have a hot garage, keep up the good work.
Mario

;) ;) ;)

turkis
06-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Nice picture Mario!!:) You are the envy of us all!!!:D:D

Regards,

Vince

Hi Vince,
Thank you very much on behalf of the breeder.
Mario

;) ;) ;)

Elite Aquaria
06-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Mario,

I wish I could have gone to see those fish in person. The only bad thing is that it would have been my wife that was breaking my arms after I spent our vacation money...j/k

Great looking pics..

Dan

turkis
06-07-2007, 06:22 PM
Mario,

I wish I could have gone to see those fish in person. The only bad thing is that it would have been my wife that was breaking my arms after I spent our vacation money...j/k

Great looking pics..

Dan

Hi Dan,
Just take your time and you have priorities to take care off, I wish that I could have some of those discus too.
Mario

Darren's Discus
06-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Mario,
thanks for the pics would of been great to see,thanks for sharing.

cheers

turkis
06-07-2007, 09:55 PM
Mario,
thanks for the pics would of been great to see,thanks for sharing.

cheers

Hi Darren,
Just trying to post some quality discus pictures.
Mario

;) ;) ;)

Wahter
06-08-2007, 03:27 AM
Mario - can you post some more photos from your visit to Wayne's? Thanks.

Green Country Discus
06-08-2007, 06:47 AM
Thanks for sharing Mario. Very nice, high Q Discus. Looking good Kenny my friend.You guys are have it going on ;)!

turkis
06-08-2007, 09:14 AM
Mario - can you post some more photos from your visit to Wayne's? Thanks.

Hi Walter,
I did take a lot of pictures, just give me time to post them.
When did you show up in Singapore.
Mario

;) ;)

steve.ryall
06-08-2007, 09:48 AM
Hey Mario,
Those are some great photos, looks like you must have enjoyed your trip.
So what was Wayne calling these fish? I have seen some similar called 'Honeycombe'

Hope you are well my friend

Steve

turkis
06-08-2007, 10:04 AM
Hey Mario,
Those are some great photos, looks like you must have enjoyed your trip.
So what was Wayne calling these fish? I have seen some similar called 'Honeycombe'

Hope you are well my friend

Steve

Hi Steve,
The trip was very nice but the heat was unbearable without the A/C units.
Those fish are named Red Pupil Leopard's by Wayne and you should post some pictures of those honeycombe discus and check for similarity.
Mario

:D :D

Bazo
06-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Hey Mario good to see you back

I guess it was you that choose my fish at Wayne i got them on the 31 May, all are ugly!!!!!:p
Is Wayne´s new farm ready, please send us some pics of his new set up

Como Vai a Mae e Parabens Porto fui campeão roubadinho mas fui:mad:

Abraço
Paulo

turkis
06-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Hey Mario good to see you back

I guess it was you that choose my fish at Wayne i got them on the 31 May, all are ugly!!!!!:p
Is Wayne´s new farm ready, please send us some pics of his new set up

Como Vai a Mae e Parabens Porto fui campeão roubadinho mas fui:mad:

Abraço
Paulo

Hi Paulo,
It's nice to be back, regarding the shipment date I was in Macau then visiting relatives.Ha!Ha!
His new farm is almost ready but it is needs some upgrading, it is in the process of being upgraded. Attached some pictures of his tanks.
A Mae vai bem e ela aumentou 2 kg de peso.
Thanks
Mario

Ed13
06-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Hi Ezeke,
I didn't bring any fish back and whatever discus that are in my collection is more than sufficient. Those are great discus.
Thanks
Mario

I was going to congratulate you on your self control for not getting more discus, you are right the ones you already have are REALLY nice, maybe they are sufficient!;)

turkis
06-08-2007, 01:50 PM
I was going to congratulate you on your self control for not getting more discus, you are right the ones you already have are REALLY nice, maybe they are sufficient!;)

Hi Ed,
Self control but not the next time, planning to go back in November when the weather is cooler over there.
Thanks
Mario

;) ;) ;)

Kenny's Discus
06-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Thanks Andrew my friend, we're all just having some fun here with the fish.:) Same to you Andrew.;)

Mario, looking good buddy, love Wayne's tanks and fish and if you told me you forgot to put my name on that Red's tank I'm afraid to say...our friendship is over!!! :D:D:D:D j/k

Keep them new pics coming!

Kenny

turkis
06-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Thanks Andrew my friend, we're all just having some fun here with the fish.:) Same to you Andrew.;)

Mario, looking good buddy, love Wayne's tanks and fish and if you told me you forgot to put my name on that Red's tank I'm afraid to say...our friendship is over!!! :D:D:D:D j/k

Keep them new pics coming!

Kenny

Hi Kenny,
Pictures of tanks with fry will be coming up shortly.
How many red fish do you need, it should be very easy to accomodate your request in about a month to two months time.Ha!Ha!
You have to give the breeder a break, the hatchery is still being upgraded from the move about three months ago.
Mario

Spid
06-08-2007, 11:40 PM
Mario,

Good to hear your back. Hope to see more pictures coming...

dpt8
06-09-2007, 07:43 AM
Mario, These discus are beautiful but the pics you posted in the past of your own discus are outstanding. Get breeding some wll ya !! :9)

turkis
06-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Mario,

Good to hear your back. Hope to see more pictures coming...

Spid,
Where have you been hiding during the Aquarama Show, studying for your exams.
Mario

;) ;) ;)

Wahter
06-10-2007, 12:02 AM
Hi Walter,
I did take a lot of pictures, just give me time to post them.
When did you show up in Singapore.
Mario

;) ;)

I finally arrived at Saturday around 1:30am! I was supposed to be there a day earlier, but stupid Northworst airlines had a plane problem and WOULDN'T send me around the planet the other way (via Amsterdam, etc...) to get to Singapore (they gave me some excuse that my ticket was for crossing the Pacific and not the Atlantic). The Northworst people at the gate here in RDU made me wait an hour before trying to see if there was any other flights available and not once, did those people at the gate say they were sorry. They just brushed me off, and told me to call the reservation desk using their phones (which weren't charged and kept dropping the connection). On top of all of that, they sent my luggage to the wrong airport (Memphis which wasn't even on my flight schedule), so I was worried that it wouldn't be in Singapore when I arrived - fortunately, it was waiting for me when I arrived.

To add more salt to the wound, the next day when I did show up at the airport (I had no choice, they said since the flight was only delayed and not cancelled, they could not rebook me on another airline), my flight was late AGAIN and I barely caught the connection in Detroit (I was literally running to get to the gate - I usually pick about 1.25+ hours for layovers in case there's a delay). I was really irked over the whole fiasco, complained to them, and they gave me 5,000 flier miles (but I don't know when I'll be able to use those). Getting to Singapore has to be one of the hardest things for me - I've only been trying for the last 6+ years...

Spid
06-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Spid,
Where have you been hiding during the Aquarama Show, studying for your exams.
Mario

;) ;) ;)

Was there on Sat but not on Thur and Friday.

Really pity cant meet u during that period of time.

mandisc
06-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Was there on Sat but not on Thur and Friday.

Really pity cant meet u during that period of time.

ya bro, me too. anyway nice pics. keep posting mario.

turkis
06-10-2007, 09:10 PM
I finally arrived at Saturday around 1:30am! I was supposed to be there a day earlier, but stupid Northworst airlines had a plane problem and WOULDN'T send me around the planet the other way (via Amsterdam, etc...) to get to Singapore (they gave me some excuse that my ticket was for crossing the Pacific and not the Atlantic). The Northworst people at the gate here in RDU made me wait an hour before trying to see if there was any other flights available and not once, did those people at the gate say they were sorry. They just brushed me off, and told me to call the reservation desk using their phones (which weren't charged and kept dropping the connection). On top of all of that, they sent my luggage to the wrong airport (Memphis which wasn't even on my flight schedule), so I was worried that it wouldn't be in Singapore when I arrived - fortunately, it was waiting for me when I arrived.

To add more salt to the wound, the next day when I did show up at the airport (I had no choice, they said since the flight was only delayed and not cancelled, they could not rebook me on another airline), my flight was late AGAIN and I barely caught the connection in Detroit (I was literally running to get to the gate - I usually pick about 1.25+ hours for layovers in case there's a delay). I was really irked over the whole fiasco, complained to them, and they gave me 5,000 flier miles (but I don't know when I'll be able to use those). Getting to Singapore has to be one of the hardest things for me - I've only been trying for the last 6+ years...

Hi Walter,
Next time book through a different airline.
Mario

turkis
06-10-2007, 09:11 PM
ya bro, me too. anyway nice pics. keep posting mario.

Hi Jon & mandisc,
Next time when we meet I'll buy the coffee.
Thanks
Mario

;) ;) ;)

mandisc
06-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Hi Jon & mandisc,
Next time when we meet I'll buy the coffee.
Thanks
Mario

;) ;) ;)
ya mario, next time you drop by singapore, cofee on you but lunch/dinner on me! if you like to try home made hot and spicy dishes, my wife is a reasonably good cook.

Kenny's Discus
06-11-2007, 04:27 AM
Hi Kenny,
Pictures of tanks with fry will be coming up shortly.
How many red fish do you need, it should be very easy to accomodate your request in about a month to two months time.Ha!Ha!
You have to give the breeder a break, the hatchery is still being upgraded from the move about three months ago.
Mario

Mario, I'll be waiting patiently for these frys tanks pic! Here are some that were originally at Wayne's also.;) As you can see the pace I'm going I would need to file for bankruptcy soon.:D:p

turkis
06-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Mario, I'll be waiting patiently for these frys tanks pic! Here are some that were originally at Wayne's also.;) As you can see the pace I'm going I would need to file for bankruptcy soon.:D:p

Hi Kenny,
Those fish are doing great and I wish that I have the money like you do.;) :)
Mario

Kenny's Discus
06-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Hi Kenny,
Those fish are doing great and I wish that I have the money like you do.;) :)
Mario

You're right Mario!:smash:

Thanks,
Kenny

turkis
06-11-2007, 05:23 PM

Hi Kenny,
Attached pictures of fry tanks, gave up after awhile and too many fry tanks picture to take and just getting too lazy at an old age.Ha!Ha!
Enjoy
Mario

turkis
06-11-2007, 05:26 PM
More pictures.

turkis
06-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Gave up taking pictures of the fry tanks, that's about it for now.
The breeder has over 3,000 fry in his fish tanks from different strain.
Mario

turkis
06-11-2007, 05:39 PM
ya mario, next time you drop by singapore, cofee on you but lunch/dinner on me! if you like to try home made hot and spicy dishes, my wife is a reasonably good cook.

Hi mandisc,
Thank you very much for the invitation, it will be a great pleasure to meet your family and try your wife's cooking on my next trip. If you are interested in some 3R2 check with Hai Koon next month.
Mario

Elite Aquaria
06-11-2007, 06:28 PM

Kenny,

Are those Sunrise Eruptions behind the Albinos??? Are these your fish???

Dan

Kenny's Discus
06-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Yeah Dan...I only have 4 of the Sunrise Eruptions left in my tank...as whenever my local discus friends came over they would want a couple of them...I wanted to say "no" but I need to learn how to say it first lol.:D

You should recognize one of them Dan...the one right in the middle, I posted some pics of him when he first arrived(I actually think it's a she).;)

Kenny

Elite Aquaria
06-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Take some clear pics for me...I would like to see the difference between color feed vs. non-color feed.

Dan

Darren's Discus
06-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Mario,
thanks for the pics lots of future beauties !

cheers

Kindredspirit
06-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Take some clear pics for me...I would like to see the difference between color feed vs. non-color feed.

Dan

Now that is a great great idea! I will second this request, Mario ~ please?

Marie ~ :)

Kindredspirit
06-11-2007, 08:29 PM
just getting too lazy at an old age.Ha!Ha!

You are not old, Mario! Well preserved and experienced:) Those are beautiful babies, btw!

Are you coming to the ACA?

Marie ~ :balloon:

turkis
06-11-2007, 09:23 PM
You are not old, Mario! Well preserved and experienced:) Those are beautiful babies, btw!

Are you coming to the ACA?

Marie ~ :balloon:

Hi Marie,
At this present moment I have no idea but I will try my best to be there.
Mario

;) ;)

turkis
06-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Pictures of albinos and intermediates white eruptions.
Mario

turkis
06-14-2007, 03:56 PM
More pictures.
Mario

turkis
06-14-2007, 03:58 PM
That's about it for now.
Mario

mandisc
06-14-2007, 08:25 PM
Hi mandisc,
Thank you very much for the invitation, it will be a great pleasure to meet your family and try your wife's cooking on my next trip. If you are interested in some 3R2 check with Hai Koon next month.
Mario

thanks for the info mario.
i'll email you for details. brgds

turkis
06-14-2007, 11:33 PM
thanks for the info mario.
i'll email you for details. brgds

Hi mandisc,
Just let me know about the outcome.
Thanks
Mario

;) ;) ;)

Kenny's Discus
06-14-2007, 11:51 PM
Mario, those are some suberb looking AWE's/AWEi's from Wayne, I really like the Albino ones but the other day because of "a momentary lapse of judgement" I sent those guys to our friend Sandeep!:angry::angry::D:D

Thanks for sharing, you must had a wonderful trip.;)
Kenny

turkis
06-15-2007, 09:16 AM
Mario, those are some suberb looking AWE's/AWEi's from Wayne, I really like the Albino ones but the other day because of "a momentary lapse of judgement" I sent those guys to our friend Sandeep!:angry::angry::D:D

Thanks for sharing, you must had a wonderful trip.;)
Kenny

Hi Kenny,
Sandeep will do a good job looking after them, you should have saved some for yourself collection wise.
Wayne may or may not have some in stock as too many hobbyist in Asia are very interested in them.
Mario

Kenny's Discus
06-15-2007, 08:39 PM
Mario, I have no doubt. I like my Albino White Eruption Intermediates a lot even though they're only intermediates...now imagine if mine had the red pupils like yours and Sandeep's.:)

Thanks Mario,
Kenny

turkis
06-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Mario, I have no doubt. I like my Albino White Eruption Intermediates a lot even though they're only intermediates...now imagine if mine had the red pupils like yours and Sandeep's.:)

Thanks Mario,
Kenny

Hey Kenny,
It's about time and are you trying to get some on the next shipment.
Mario

;) ;) ;)