PDA

View Full Version : shedding slime coat

alxjss
06-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Okay, i am back w/another ?. I have since taken the log out of the tank. It is 2 days out. I have been doing a 50%+ w/c. I have been adding salt to the tank since they r still scratching. Not as bad tho. My observations are w/the w/c, there r bubbles. The bubbles r coming off w/slime. Is this normal. Last night and tonite after the w/c i have noticed this. Is it something to be concerned about. They r all fine, eating, fighting, etc, still have some of that patchy looking fungus along w/splitting fins. I don't like that either. I did notice one fish had a small split it the tail yes. but not there today. I hope w/w/c the fish will be okay.
thanks
e

Darren's Discus
06-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Hi,
is the water your adding to the tank aged and the same temp ?

cheers

Graham
06-07-2007, 09:51 PM
I'd be looking at using something a lot stronger that salt...salt kills very few parasites and the odds are you have one...know anyone with a scope

G

alxjss
06-07-2007, 10:06 PM
no, don't know anyone. If it is a parasite, what comes to mind? Have any idea? The wAter is not aged, but is the same temp. The ph has no change when aged.

Tropical Haven
06-07-2007, 11:02 PM
Since the water isn't aged, do you use anything to get rid of chlorine and chloramines?