PDA

View Full Version : New poo question

ponderingky
06-08-2007, 12:14 AM
Hi all,

I had the floating poo question earlier - that seems to have resloved (I really think it was feeding them Omega One flake when they had been raised on fbw almost exclusively). Now I have noticed what appears to be "magical poo". Have you ever seen the floating card trick - where a card appears to be magically floating in the air or moving across the table. There is a very fine string attached to the card - that is what I have noticed. It appears (some of their poo) to be magically floating, moving around - still attached to the fish but you cannot see what has it attached. It reminds me of that trick - you know there is a string but you can't see it. I also noticed one of them had what looked like a fishing lure poo - it had a white, stringy top and a regular looking poo back. Any thoughts? Do I need to start treating for internal parasites?

I also have a couple of fish that seem to be isolating themselves from the others. One is a runt and the other is a nice sized fish. My water parameters are fine: Amm 0, N-ite 0, N-ate 5 ppm, temp 85, WC 4 x per week (one 30%, one 50% alternating).

Thanks for your input.