PDA

View Full Version : AQUATRADER QUESTIONS/HELP!!

Joetaff
06-10-2007, 12:59 AM
Ok this is a little off topic, but i will have you know it is for my upcoming 75 gallon discus tank. Here is my question, Is www.Aquatraders.com a reputable site? does anyone have any experience with them? I found a 48" 2x65 watt odyssey light fixture for 49.95?!?!?!:D That is an incredible price, I was just about to click add to cart when I got the "too good to be true feeling":(:confused:
If anyone has any insight for me I would love to hear it.
Thanks in advance, John

Polar_Bear
06-10-2007, 01:10 AM
I have gotten lots of stuff from them. They have no customer service to speak of, and you basically get what you pay for. I will say I have always recieved what I ordered. I have one light fixture that died after about 4 months, I can say that I will definately not buy lights from them again. I should add that I also have a 96 watt PC fixture that is now 2 years old and has never given me any problems though.

Ed13
06-10-2007, 01:29 AM
2 years ago this was prob the co with the worst reputation out there, no customer service, faulty and dangerous merchandise with basically little quality control and lack of quality materials!

Today, it still has a bad reputation, but not by much;) The ballasts they use are horrible, not as dangerous as they use to be.

I can't comment much on equipment other than lights, the hardware they use today is much better at least in the "Coralife rip-off" fixtures but they still have quality control issues (loose cables,nuts etc) and the ballast are really bad, but with a little know-how and some extra equipment(like ballasts from other brands) is worth it, as you still come out in top since they are very cheap

I don't own anything from them at the moment, but I've had plenty of their products on my hands to know they can't be bought if you want a long term reliable item. Def not a set it up and forget it type of merchandise

Quite frankly, I could buy the MH fixture shell and do everything else on it myself, basically everything free they give you is worthless, bulbs, pumps etc

discussmith
06-10-2007, 11:26 AM
I have two cf4 canister filters that have been working for a couple years. I have a 2000 gph pump I use to pump storage water from my basement to my living room that still works perfectly. I have an overflow siphon (cpr knock off). All items still solid and at a throw away price. Always received what I ordered as quickly as any other online co. I don't order much though as they carry a limited inventory of the type of things I use.

alxjss
06-10-2007, 12:01 PM
I have purchased this light from aquatrader about 3 mo ago and i have had no problem. I would purchase from them again. From what i understand, if u r not happy w\ur purchase, u can send it back. I have been on other forums and alot of people were satisfied. When my light came, one didn't work and all that had to be done was connect the wire,and viola. it worked and still works. I no that if u email them u will not get contact, however, if u call, u can talk to someone.
Hope this helps w/ur decision:)

Total output: 260W
Supports: 4 x 65W CF, 4 x Double Bluemoon LED
Fixture Size: 47" x 7" x 2.75"
Ballast Type: Internal Electronic
Power Cords: 3
On/Off switch: 3
Cooling Fan: 2 Built-In
Splash Protection: Acrylic Lens
Mounting Leg: Included (Max Reach: 48")
Hanging Kit: None
Type of Bulb: Straight Pin CF