PDA

View Full Version : A visit to Singapore's Roy Khoo

Wahter
06-12-2007, 06:35 PM
I think everyone knows that Roy (of http://discusconnexion.com/) has some very nice goldens, pigeon bloods, and blue diamonds, but he also had some very nice solid reds and some VERY, VERY nice leopard snakeskins (some of the best I've ever seen - I just wish the lighting was better - they don't look as overly red as the photo makes them appear). Enjoy!

Walter

greyhoundfan
06-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Awesome.. What travel agency did you book your discus breeder trip expo through??:D

Elite Aquaria
06-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Those are awesome looking fish...I love the spotted fish.

Dan

dpt8
06-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Hey Walter, Hopefully Dan comes back soon and continues to import Roy's fish. If not maybe you should take a shot at it :9) Awesome fish !!

Wahter
06-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Awesome.. What travel agency did you book your discus breeder trip expo through??:D

Loh Kwek Leong of http://www.killies.com/ took me around to several of the discus breeders' facilities. He also took me to Aquarama, the Gan fish farm (to see the arowanas), a few aquarium shops, and to one of the aquatic plant farms (Teo's). Excellent tour guide! I think he enjoyed visiting the discus breeders almost as much as I did (he used to keep some discus).

Walter

Darren's Discus
06-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Walter,
they are truly some awesome fis,thanks for the pics.

cheers

alpine
06-12-2007, 08:08 PM
Walter, it sounds like you are having the Time of your Life...over there ...
My first set of discus were Red Melons from Roy through Cary..there were very nice ..my wife picked them ..that was maybe three years ago...I found I liked the blues better so I sold the red ones but they were sure very nice fish. The Goldens at Cary's looked better yet when I bought ny reds, they were Roys too.
Thanks for all the pictures,

roberto.

kaj.p
06-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Hmm and dont forget Roy have some other stunnig fish a home.:)
Just love this diffrent kind of golden.:) Golden arrowana and Golden melons.:)

April
06-13-2007, 07:56 PM
great pics walter as usual ..and a great tour for us all to see. what are those golden ones in roys place? i like those.

Wahter
06-14-2007, 03:06 AM
great pics walter as usual ..and a great tour for us all to see. what are those golden ones in roys place? i like those.

April,

I'm not sure what he calls them. I didn't get to spend too much time at Roy's while he was there (his phone wasn't working) - I showed up and his employee let me walk around and take photos. When Roy showed up, there was a customer waiting (at least, I think he was a customer), and I wasn't going to get in the way of a business deal. :)

Walter

jczz1232
06-14-2007, 03:24 AM
WOW can anyone bring those lss to US please. :P Someone do a import. :D

John

SLY
06-14-2007, 06:59 AM
April,

I'm not sure what he calls them. I didn't get to spend too much time at Roy's while he was there (his phone wasn't working) - I showed up and his employee let me walk around and take photos. When Roy showed up, there was a customer waiting (at least, I think he was a customer), and I wasn't going to get in the way of a business deal. :)

Walter

didn't know you were at aquarama..or else I will meet up with you and hopefully you left with a good impression overall.

Wahter
06-14-2007, 08:05 PM
didn't know you were at aquarama..or else I will meet up with you and hopefully you left with a good impression overall.

SLY-

I tried to catch up with a lot of people (including non-aquarium penpals), but I couldn't meet as many people as I had hoped (partially because my flight over was delayed an entire day!). I emailed the Singapore discus club from their website about visits to various discus breeders during the Aquarama weekend (but didn't get any reply) and I stopped at their booth at the Aquarama briefly. Plus, the friends that I stayed with kept me busy - they helped me get in as many tourist sites as possible; the sister even did my laundry.. TWICE for me! She even introduced me to one of her single lady friends! Overall, I think Singapore's a great place, except the sun is REALLY intense over there... and I used to complain the summers in Taipei were hot! Never again! LOL!

Walter

Eddie
11-18-2009, 04:28 AM
Although over 2 years ago, these Reds by Roy Khoo are absolutely PHENOMENAL. Some of the most amazing shapes I've seen. Love the second picture, WOW.

Eddie

kaceyo
11-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Hi Walter,
Thanks for yet another look into a world renouned breeders hatchery. I always loved Roys GLSS's, have you got any pics of them? I agree that those LSS's are among the best around anywhere. The spotting is vary precise with distinct individual small spots. I love that. They also have nicely rounded and thick appearence. Gorgeous!!!

Kacey