PDA

View Full Version : Finally a good spawn!

Troy Williams
06-18-2007, 03:43 AM
Hello everyone. Thought i would post a pic of my only breeding pair with their spawn, this is dad in the pic. The fry are 2 days attached & i think will accept BBS tomorrow(right)
Please feel free to shower me with all your vast knowledge to help me through this proud but nerve racking time.

Troy

Elite Aquaria
06-18-2007, 06:41 AM
Looks good Troy...I was able to count around 50...I am sure there are a few more on the other side. I like to start feeding BBS on the 5-6 day free swimming. Some start earlier some start later. Remember at this stage if you do WC do smaller more frequent WC. Also make sure that the temp and PH match as close to the tank water as possible. I also cut back on the food that I feed the parents...I only use Live CBW once per day for the first week...

Dan

Polar_Bear
06-18-2007, 07:12 AM
I do it pretty much like Dan, with 2 exceptions; I start feeding bbs immediately and while I only give the parents CBW I give them as much as they want.

fishmama
06-18-2007, 08:11 AM
Congrats Troy! Let the fun begin (and loads and loads of WC's ;-)!!!

Tropical Haven
06-18-2007, 08:52 AM
Congrats Troy, I know you have been waiting for this day to come, keep up the great work.

Elite Aquaria
06-18-2007, 06:20 PM
I do it pretty much like Dan, with 2 exceptions; I start feeding bbs immediately and while I only give the parents CBW I give them as much as they want.

The only reason why I do not feed the parents alot is because I have red fish and it requires that I leave the fry without any filtration for a few days...I just do not want the ammonia to kill they fry...

Dan

Troy Williams
06-18-2007, 06:22 PM
Cheers Guys, I will keep you all posted with some more pics as they grow.

Troy

Darren's Discus
06-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Troy good work,told you good things come to those who wait.

all the best with them.

cheers