PDA

View Full Version : Three letter search?

mmorris
06-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Is there any way to search for a three-letter word? ie. tds, fbh, bbs, etc. Thanks. Martha

pcsb23
06-20-2007, 05:36 AM
Martha,

Normally three letter (and less) words are very common, so they are excluded form the search engine to keep the database and server in good working order.

I have added fbs, fbw, tds and bbs to the exception list so these specific words can be searched for. Howvever they may not show up older posts.

Polar_Bear
06-20-2007, 09:25 AM
Martha,

Normally three letter (and less) words are very common, so they are excluded form the search engine to keep the database and server in good working order.

I have added fbs, fbw, tds and bbs to the exception list so these specific words can be searched for. Howvever they may not show up older posts.

Can you add pH? I tried a search on that, even using pondus hydrogenii but of course got nothing in return.

tpl*co
06-20-2007, 10:30 AM
PP too :). Though this could really be a problem, if people have a lot of "happy" posts :)

Tina

mmorris
06-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Thanks Paul. Are you taking requests? :D How about the abbreviations for the fish colors? I have a lot of trouble finding information on bss. I'm sorry if this thread ends up driving you crazy. Martha

pcsb23
06-20-2007, 11:22 AM
If there is sufficient demand for the fish colours and we can all agree on them, then I won't have any probs adding them.

Tina, pp can't do as you rightly pointed out a lot of threads with happy in will be returned :)

Larry, ph added.

I also added no2 & nh3 as these may be commonly searched for.

tpl*co
06-20-2007, 11:26 AM
If there is sufficient demand for the fish colours and we can all agree on them, then I won't have any probs adding them.

Tina, pp can't do as you rightly pointed out a lot of threads with happy in will be returned :)

Larry, ph added.

I also added no2 & nh3 as these may be commonly searched for.

Couldn't pH be a potential problem too with words with "pH" in it: "Phosphorous" as an example?

Never mind, did the search and only this post came up :)

Tina

pcsb23
06-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Couldn't pH be a potential problem too with words with "pH" in it: "Phosphorous" as an example?

Never mind, did the search and only this post came up :)

Tina
Tina,

At the moment only new threads/posts after the change can be searched.

Harriett
06-20-2007, 12:11 PM
Can you add pH? I tried a search on that, even using pondus hydrogenii but of course got nothing in return.

Larry...dearest...
My erudite alarm [like a CO2 detector] just went off so I checked this post and ...there you are....pondus hydrogenii? I bow to you.
your humble plebien friend,
Harriett

mmorris
06-20-2007, 09:52 PM
If there is sufficient demand for the fish colours and we can all agree on them...

Agree on the colours? The abbreviations for the colours? Do we ever all agree on anything? LOL That's OK Paul, it's probably a lot of work. :computer:
Martha