PDA

View Full Version : Good food for growing babies.

Derock
06-20-2007, 11:58 PM
Fish are about dime size right now. They are eating frozen daphina and frozen blood worms broken up and tetra bits ground up. Is there a flake food out there that someone would recommend for putting size and weight on young fish. Thanks,D.

brewmaster15
06-21-2007, 07:06 AM
There many seafood flakes out there...Ocean nutrition has a good one, HbH brand as well...for both their seafood flake and discus flake..

if you want to add another really good frozen...try ocean nutrition formula one frzn....

hth,
al

Elite Aquaria
06-21-2007, 07:43 AM
I like to use Ocean Nutrition or Omega One Pellet food occationally...

If you want to add size to a young fish nothing beats Live CBW, BBS, FBW and home prepared frozen seafood mix.

Oh and of course daily 90% water changes...:D

Dan

Derock
06-21-2007, 09:00 AM
Thanks Al will try to find the ones you mentioned. Have never found a good,safe reliable place to buy life CBW or BW here, wish I could. Not popular at all in Ontario,Canada. Thanks guys for both your input,Derek.

troyclark
06-22-2007, 12:15 AM
I buy and use beefheart flakes and earthworm flakes from Kensfish.com and my fry and juvies love it. The beefheart flakes crumble real easy and pretty thin so I usually only feed it to young fry but the earthworm flakes are heartier and my juvies to nuts for it. HTH

sam_y
06-23-2007, 01:03 AM
Since you're in Ontario, you might want to check out: www.johnsfishfood.com

I *think* he sells the same food as kensfish.com -- I remember comparing the ingredients between some of the flakes and they were the same. I've tried his earthworm and brineshrimp flakes and my discus loved it.

I also like (or rather, my discus like) Angelsplus flakes: www.angelsplus.com. He's in NY but he ships over here.