PDA

View Full Version : Can I Put A Divider In My Tank?.....so...

Kindredspirit
06-23-2007, 10:25 AM
Mr. Pringles can have an attitude adjustment? The only one that stands up to Mr. P is the Blue Snakeskin ~ and he is the smallest in the F* tank!...I Just think that if there was some kind of divider or CAGE...lol!....I could put Mr. P in for a while ~ my Blue Diamond might start eating more and relaxing........hell everyone can take a breather for a bit....?

Any thoughts on this plan of action? What would I use ~ something cheap and free:haha: I do not want to stress Mr. P out ~ Okay , I do...but not too much! Just how productive would this be?

Or ~

........this plan ~ what do you think of putting the BD in the 20 gal for a while?...with my Stunted Runt and my Angel Baby?....which is getting huge!....and the Buzz Family?.....but then I must eventually put him back...?........or no?......but it may re-direct things ~

or make it all worse:(

I need help guys ~ talk to me.

Thanks Guys!

Marie ~:)

Mr. P keeps them all at bay ~

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa228/puffergirl/IMG_3655Small.jpg

tpl*co
06-23-2007, 11:37 AM
I haven't tried this, but maybe something like a small plastic storage bin that looks something like a laundry basket (with holes in it). If it is small enough you may be able to suspend it in the tank and put pringles in that, but it might just make him madder and ready to take it out on everybody else. A side of a laundry basket may make a divider (or something similar).

You may need to remove Pringles for a while and rearrange the tank prior to putting her back in.

Tina

White Worm
06-23-2007, 01:01 PM
Make a cheap divider out of eggcrate from lowes. Cut it your size and it works great when you want to seperate fish without moving them from tank to tank.

mom has about 30 babies and dad gets a little angry at mom sometimes when they have kids so he gets to stay on his own side. The babies can go back and forth through the divider which mom and dad seem ok with. Dad just wants to breed again and mom wants to take care of the fry. This seems to work out good because at least he can still see whats going on. Oh yeah, hehehe, more fry :D :D :D :D. About 30 this time that are already attached. I like a little smaller batch to work with. 60+ last time.

Elite Aquaria
06-23-2007, 07:25 PM
I agree with Mikscus...egg crate is the way to go...

Dan

Ed13
06-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Divide and conquer Marie;):D
Egg crate or its real name a light diffuser(don't go to Home Depot asking for egg crate unless you like odd looks and confussion) is prob the cheapest and you may have a lot left for future projects

Kindredspirit
06-24-2007, 08:32 AM
Make a cheap divider out of eggcrate from lowes. Cut it your size and it works great when you want to seperate fish without moving them from tank to tank.

Yes! Thanks Mike ~ I so could not remember what to use! You are good, I will give you that ~ but don't let it go to your head:D

Okay ~ I so can not measure, Mike....I have a 55gal....from back to front how would I measure that? Then how tall?

Kindredspirit
06-24-2007, 08:33 AM
Divide and conquer Marie;):D
Egg crate or its real name a light diffuser(don't go to Home Depot asking for egg crate unless you like odd looks and confussion) is prob the cheapest and you may have a lot left for future projects

LOL! I will remember that, Ed!

Thank you!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_2_4.gif

Kindredspirit
06-24-2007, 08:35 AM
I haven't tried this, but maybe something like a small plastic storage bin that looks something like a laundry basket (with holes in it). If it is small enough you may be able to suspend it in the tank and put pringles in that, but it might just make him madder and ready to take it out on everybody else. A side of a laundry basket may make a divider (or something similar).

You may need to remove Pringles for a while and rearrange the tank prior to putting her back in.

Tina

I really do not want to move anyone here Tina ~ it might stress that fish out but if not, def ME!

White Worm
06-24-2007, 01:01 PM
i just got the piece, measured the inside and cut what I wanted with a small hand saw. Tried it and if it wasnt right, cut some more. Remember to secure it with something like suction cups or they will knock it over. I have also just tied some string to it in the past to hold it in place but the suction cups work great and cheap like my second picture. Those black circles are suction cups. You will need 8 (2 on each side of the crate) top, bottom, front and back.

Kindredspirit
06-25-2007, 08:26 AM
I was wondering what people use to keep it in place ~ Did I see suction cups in your picture? Thanks for that btw.

I use to have a sh!t load of suction cups ~ :mad: