PDA

View Full Version : Turbulent top waters

accessj
06-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Sorry for the confusing title.

I had a sort of disaster yesterday when the power went out and the check valve on the air hose stuck. About 50 gallons of water on the carpet. Anyway the air pump was ruined. I have a 75 gallon with an Eihem 2227 wet/dry with spray bar, and a 350 magnum. I had lots of air bubbles going on previously.

Now I have the spray bar set so that it just makes the top layer of water turbulent. The fish seem to like it better! Even my cory cats are racing around more. No air in the tank.

They were pretty shook up yesterday since I had to work a long time on the wet/dry to get it primed. They just had enough water to stand up straight. They didn't get all their meals. Now my alpha BD is keeping everyone away from the food.

I was lucky though. I had to race home from work at lunch (over 1 hour one way) to take my son to get allergy tested. He let me know that the power was out, and "why is the floor all wet and the fish tank almost empty. I stopped dead in my race back to the car, and tore the lines out of the tank. If I hadn't had to come home for this appointment, I could have lost all my fish.

Tropical Haven
06-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Glad to see that everything worked out for the best. Nothing is worse then coming home to dead fish.