PDA

View Full Version : Angelfish with fry

Rod
07-02-2007, 07:21 AM
OK, not discus. But i know there are a few fans of the angelfish here as well. I thought this sight is too beautiful not to share.
This is only the 2nd spawn (first spawn the eggs were moldy) and the pair are doing a fantastic job. It is amazing to watch them feeding the fry, when i put bbs in ,the pair gulp up large quantities of the bs and blow it amongst the fry. My thoughts were a whale gulping down plankton, it really blew my mind to watch them. Ok, maybe i shouldn't have had that last beer, but there you go :D The same with flakes and other foods i feed to the pair, they chew it up and blow it into the cloud of fry. It will be a sad time when it comes to removing the fry.

Rod:)

Kenny's Discus
07-02-2007, 07:33 AM
Thanks for sharing Rod.:) It's such a joy to watch good parents(like yours) take care of their youngins in the fashion you described...I wished my discus pairs would do the same.:p

Good looking pair of Angels you got there also. The very best to these beauties and their frys!

Kenny

Deepak
07-02-2007, 07:57 AM
I simply adore the family, great job Rod :thumbsup:

Ryan
07-02-2007, 08:27 AM
Rod, there are other angel lovers here :) It's always fun to watch angels with fry. I like when they start herding them.

Kribensis also chew up food and spit it into the group of fry.

Tropical Haven
07-02-2007, 12:15 PM
Keep up with the Angel pictures, I breed them as well as discus so I always enjoy the pics. Rod, those have some awesome finnage keep up the great work.

Rod
07-02-2007, 09:25 PM
Rod, there are other angel lovers here :) It's always fun to watch angels with fry. I like when they start herding them.

Kribensis also chew up food and spit it into the group of fry.

Hi Ryan,

It has been a long time between angel spawns for me, i've always admired them but discus take up a lot of room:D I'm glad i found a space for these guys, they really are a lot of fun to watch.
My first pair of cichlids were convicts when i was 12yo, they got me hooked because of the breeding behaviour. They also would chew up food and give it to the young.

Thanks for the nice comments Kenny, Deepak and Scott. :)

Darren's Discus
07-02-2007, 09:33 PM
Rod,
Awesome looking angel pair,mate i would like to grab some of the young when they are old enough ?

cheers

Rod
07-02-2007, 09:50 PM
Hi Darren,

No probs mate, i'll send you a pm.

April
07-03-2007, 02:46 AM
well there he goes..off to angel land..lol. no more discus for rod.
thats very cool though.
well keep them coming..soon you will be buried in angel fry .another addition..no more yard. lol.

brewmaster15
07-03-2007, 05:23 AM
Congrats Rod,
Its a beautiful thing , isnt it!

Looks like you have a good chance of finding out now if they are domestic or wild....It'll be interesting if they throw anything other than silvers:)

Enjoy them.. Angels are really an interesting fish to raise.. Just be careful... they have a tendency of overwhelming a hatchery!;):(

take care,
al

Rod
07-03-2007, 05:28 AM
well there he goes..off to angel land..lol. no more discus for rod.
thats very cool though.
well keep them coming..soon you will be buried in angel fry .another addition..no more yard. lol.

LOL...ty April. Well i hope angel land is as nice as discusville :D

I gotta admit i'd love a tankful of orinoco angels, and maybe some of those manacaparu red shoulder guys in heiko's book........but thats it!! Seriously!! lol.