PDA

View Full Version : Look!.....Why Are They Doing This....?

Kindredspirit
07-06-2007, 12:07 AM
Hey Guys ~ check out these pictures I took immediately after my wc just now....They are not happy discus! Everything was fine after a few minutes, but they never use to do this .....only the last few days ~

~ until after that night I forgot to put the power back on....Do you suppose they remember? ( I can see Liz coming for me now :o ) Well, they have to remember to an extent...right?

This just started after that first wc that night ~

I wanna know why....if anyone thinks that it is related to that night?:confused:

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa228/puffergirl/IMG_5737Small.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa228/puffergirl/IMG_5744Small.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa228/puffergirl/IMG_5758Small.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa228/puffergirl/IMG_5761Small.jpg

Elcid
07-06-2007, 12:40 AM
How much water did you change? Is it direct tap water? Hope ur water company isn't cleaning pipes!

take care,
Sandeep

Ed13
07-06-2007, 01:10 AM
Hey wasn't the bonsai in the other side of the tank? With the incident, changes in territory and Ms Pringles gone wild maybe their behavior is changing?

They don't looked stressed, injured or sick, to me. How are your other tanks reacting?

Kindredspirit
07-06-2007, 08:34 AM
How much water did you change? Is it direct tap water? Hope ur water company isn't cleaning pipes!

take care,
Sandeep

A lot ~ as usual, Sandeep ~ I always use tap water...please do not even go there with me okay?:p If it was a water problem per se', it wouldn't go away in a few min would it?

What else ya got? lol!

Hey wasn't the bonsai in the other side of the tank? With the incident, changes in territory and Ms Pringles gone wild maybe their behavior is changing?

They don't looked stressed, injured or sick, to me. How are your other tanks reacting?

Very observant, Ed:D I love that Bonsai plastic dumb plant! I love Bonsai plants but they are expensive and I would just kill it ~ but, some day;).... I am changing up things every wc in this tank as Ms. P is such a witch and I just kicked the heat back down slowly too...

Three of these discus are such pros when it comes to wc....they never have done this .....I tell them "oh knock it off!" and ~ Kenny's wet pets have grown out of it....strange....

Hey Good Point Ed....my other 20 gal tank is fine after wc's! Ya know, Ed....they are really telling me to "turn on that power Marie!"....lol!

tpl*co
07-06-2007, 08:36 AM
Mine have been doing it too after a water change, I wonder if somethings changed with the water? My water report hasn't said anything though. Ugh, just looked at it and it's for 2006! Looking on their website they don't say anything of what's going on now :( www.scwa.net

Tina

Kindredspirit
07-06-2007, 08:41 AM
Only one tank is doing it though:)

Tropical Haven
07-06-2007, 08:44 AM
I wouldn't worry about it, they look healthy and not stressed. Mine do that once in a while, I change 70% daily on my tank and as I am refilling it up they sometimes swim all around the tank while I am doing it and other times they all will stay in a corner like yours. But after I am done I can walk up to the tank and they all come racing up to the front because they think that I am going to feed them. I think it is more of a tempermental thing with them, it just depends what kind of mood they are in at the time.

DavidH
07-06-2007, 09:26 AM
I agree with Scott, mine act the same. Sometimes OK sometime jumpy.
But recover quickly at feeding;
Dave

Kindredspirit
07-06-2007, 10:02 AM
I think it is more of a tempermental thing with them, it just depends what kind of mood they are in at the time.

That'll work, Scott! I was thinking lately I had some juvies! I remember when they were all babies I thought I was killing them with wc!

Thanks David:)

Elcid
07-06-2007, 10:21 PM
It's good to hear that ur discus are doing fine :).....I'd say it's a water quality issue!

take care,
Sandeep

poconogal
07-07-2007, 09:13 AM
Marie, mine do that each and every WC. I bang things in the tank, they all pile up in the corner behind a plant. Once the tank is filling up, they line up at the front waiting for their worm treat that they get after the WC is done. Your guys look fine, not stressed or sick. I wouldn't worry about it. A lot went on in the tank recently so their behaviour could change for awhile.

Kindredspirit
07-07-2007, 09:20 AM
Thanks Connie! I agree ~ I was not really trippin over it, but they never have done that!.....at least in a long *** time! I wanted to know if they remembered....I won't know til after The IQ Tests are complete:D ( that was a good one! )

What is today?....( one looses track when ya work every day:o ) Saturday!....I knew that ~

~ and my point would be?........how is the job woman?