PDA

View Full Version : Hands w/ bleach residue ?

alpine
07-06-2007, 10:43 PM
I processed some beefheart tonight and had to cleaned the counter in the kitchen , I used bleach on the counter and after cleaned up I washed my hands three or four times... I have to vacuum at least the babies tank tonight and my hands still smell like bleach ... How can I neutralized the bleach in my hands ?
Thanks,
roberto.

Ed13
07-06-2007, 11:02 PM
I don't think it would be much of a problem if you rinse them well with clean water and dry.
If you are worried you can rub your hands in dechlor, clean under your fingernails, rinse well and allow to dry. Maybe even soak your hands in some water so that the residue in your pores and fingernails oozes out. Or add a little extra dechlor after the Wc, but I sincerely doubt that after 3-4 times washed you still have enough on you to harm them

Kindredspirit
07-07-2007, 02:42 AM
Roberto I have always read and was taught, that after bleach dries....it no longer is a problem ~ on decorations, tanks, hands, rocks...and so on ~

Anyone chime in if this is incorrect!

Polar_Bear
07-07-2007, 03:08 AM
Both of those above are correct. The best advice would be "don't worry about it".

LizStreithorst
07-07-2007, 07:30 AM
Both of those above are correct. The best advice would be "don't worry about it".

Or if you're a worry wart, dunk your hands in vinegar.

alpine
07-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Thanks for al the replies.

roberto.

Apistomaster
07-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Just rinsing your hands in a small amount of water with a few drops of Prime or your favorite water conditioner is works. Like has already been said, it is not terribly important.

Just an example. I use Purigen on one Discus tank. I recharge it by a 24 hour soak in pure Chlorox. Directions say to neutralize with water containing Prime. I just rinse under running water and as soon as I don't smell bleach I am good to go. This rinse is only seconds long.