PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone have????

Beth
07-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Hi People......... :wave:

Do any of you have pics of any BullDog or Standing Egg Fry???

I have a recent spawn of leopard fry and a few in there that I think are unusually short across the length of the body and oddly round for their age........

I'm just looking for some pics that I can compare them with.

TIA

Beth
(aka) Mrs Tony_S :)

kaceyo
07-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Hey Beth,
Can you get any pics of those guys? The only person That I know of who has talked about BD growth said they had to be minimum 3 mo old before you could start to see that thay were BD's. How old are yours?
You may have to be the first to document their growth in our circle.

Kacey

Beth
07-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Hey Beth,
Can you get any pics of those guys? The only person That I know of who has talked about BD growth said they had to be minimum 3 mo old before you could start to see that thay were BD's. How old are yours?
You may have to be the first to document their growth in our circle.

Kacey

Hi Kacey....

They went fs 6/9 so they're 4 weeks fs. I''l try and get a few pics together. Here's 1 pic....... there are 3 or 4 of these guys in this spawn of only about 30.

Beth

Beth
07-11-2007, 06:47 PM
another pic...... You can see what I would consider normal fry in the pic as well.

LizStreithorst
07-11-2007, 08:20 PM
You know Beth, I'm STILL confused as to the mort correct definition of a Bulldog. I do see scoliosis in your fish (note the wavy bars). I don't know what lordosis is in a fish (I know in a human) so I don't know if the fish has that or not. It's a 9 bar fish, not a 5 bar. Some people say that true Bulldogs are 5 bar. The fish is large and way high bodiedin comparrison to its siblings as Bulldogs are supposed to be.What do you consider to be a Bulldog?

kaceyo
07-11-2007, 10:19 PM
There is a significant difference isn't there. I have raised egg shape but not that I've bred myself so I can't compare them to yours at that stage. I'd hazard a guess and say yours are going to be towards the extreme end of the egg shapes but not quite a BD. To me the face needs to be very near concave in places to be a true BD type, 5 bar originals aside. There really isn't a set of requirments for a fish to be a true BD like there is for say, a San Merah or Blue Diamond so it's open to interpritation.
What strain(s) are these out of?

Kacey

April
07-12-2007, 02:36 AM
yeah..id say bulldog. or wierd spine..ive had some with those same top fins with a few shorter..and funny shape. not as much as those though...
so back to the question..pathogen..or genetic...lol.
keep them and see what they become. you can sell them for big bucks. : ) might be in the background of the fish you bought.

Beth
07-12-2007, 06:44 PM
You know Beth, I'm STILL confused as to the mort correct definition of a Bulldog. I do see scoliosis in your fish (note the wavy bars). I don't know what lordosis is in a fish (I know in a human) so I don't know if the fish has that or not. It's a 9 bar fish, not a 5 bar. Some people say that true Bulldogs are 5 bar. The fish is large and way high bodiedin comparrison to its siblings as Bulldogs are supposed to be.What do you consider to be a Bulldog?

Hey Liz.....

There are a few in this spawn with this shape that have straight bars as well...... so..... lordosis..... maybe or maybe not..... i dunno .....

Myself...... BD's and standing eggs...... I have no clue what the true definition would be........ super hibodied and flat faced :crazy:

There is a significant difference isn't there. I have raised egg shape but not that I've bred myself so I can't compare them to yours at that stage. I'd hazard a guess and say yours are going to be towards the extreme end of the egg shapes but not quite a BD. To me the face needs to be very near concave in places to be a true BD type, 5 bar originals aside. There really isn't a set of requirments for a fish to be a true BD like there is for say, a San Merah or Blue Diamond so it's open to interpritation.
What strain(s) are these out of?

Kacey

Hi Again Kacey ;)

This is the pair that spawned these guys.......

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=58272

Beth

Beth
07-12-2007, 06:46 PM
yeah..id say bulldog. or wierd spine..ive had some with those same top fins with a few shorter..and funny shape. not as much as those though...
so back to the question..pathogen..or genetic...lol.
keep them and see what they become. you can sell them for big bucks. : ) might be in the background of the fish you bought.

Now Prilly........ You know Tony already wants me to crush their little heads :noway:[

Wahter
07-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Hi People......... :wave:

Do any of you have pics of any BullDog or Standing Egg Fry???

I have a recent spawn of leopard fry and a few in there that I think are unusually short across the length of the body and oddly round for their age........

I'm just looking for some pics that I can compare them with.

TIA

Beth
(aka) Mrs Tony_S :)

I think this is one, but I'm not sure of the age. I saw this little fish in Singapore.

April
07-13-2007, 02:39 AM
dont like that guy wahter..his back end looks almost if he almost lost his tail..or didnt get his tail hed be a loveheart discus. maybe his spine is short..hence the fins angle in like a heart..not quite the same as beths..is it?
tell tony they are off limits to his axe..lol.
tony.....you arent being " difficult" are you?

Kindredspirit
07-13-2007, 07:48 AM
tony.....you arent being " difficult" are you?

Well he isn't being "difficult" here, April! Has to make up for it somewhere:) Are you okay, Beth Dear?........watch that ax!

I sure wish of all the people that are attending the ACA here next week, you two were coming!:(

Could you imagine? What fun there would be in Sacramento, California:) ( and trouble )

April
07-13-2007, 01:35 PM
i cant..marie..i am up to my ying yang in dogs..about 20 to 25 a day right now with the heat. gotta make hay when the sunshines...besides..i have 10 baby discus i have to do feeds and diaper changes on every few hours.
and fish coming on wednesday.
ive met tony already. he was on his best behaviour..and a good host. : ) just the odd sarcastic remark here and there..lol.
beth..im not straying from the subject.: ) .to me they look more like a standing egg or like the blue knight shape discus . on the poster i had...of fishking discus..they had some with about the same shapes..but bigger. straight up forehead and almost concave a bit. keep them..see what they become. we will await their pics as they grow up.

Beth
07-14-2007, 10:02 PM
I think this is one, but I'm not sure of the age. I saw this little fish in Singapore.
Thanks Wahter........ That ones not quite the same close but just not quite ;)

tell tony they are off limits to his axe..lol.
tony.....you aren't being " difficult" are you?
Pril........ he knows those guys are off limits to him ;) Him DIFFICULT???? OMG!!!! You're not serious are you Pril?

Well he isn't being "difficult" here, April! Has to make up for it somewhere:) Are you okay, Beth Dear?........watch that ax!

I sure wish of all the people that are attending the ACA here next week, you two were coming!:(

Could you imagine? What fun there would be in Sacramento, California:) ( and trouble )

Marie ...... Yup! just trying to survive the heat :flame: If one more of my clients say..... Beth I nedd 15 yards of top soil spread and 2 or 3 pallets of sod layed......:flame: I'll have to change professions.

Well ........ we keep thinking we'll make one sooner or later...... it would sure be a blast;) Did you know.... Tony thinks my middle name is Trouble :rolleyes2:

Thanks Guys
Beth

Beth
07-19-2007, 10:43 PM
I have 5 of those extreme high bodied fellas in this spawn... I find that to be a little strange. I noticed that those 5 are more eager to try new foods quicker than the rest of the spawn.... just an observation...( I spend way too much time with the fish :crazy:) There's another one in there that stands out, the color is coming in and it looks gold.

Beth