PDA

View Full Version : My Latest Breeding Pair

klkch1
07-17-2007, 01:05 AM
Hi Everyone

This pair is very special to me and my bro, Nicholas khoo, as they were raised fr larvae stage all the way to adult. It took us some time to finally get a few pairs where each of it would produce an estimated 50 to 55% golden spotted fishes. This is really good news for us as we have worked very hard to increase our production rate for this lovely fishes.

The male is a Golden LSS Intermediate (right) which possesses slightly higher finnage - you can have a better look at him on the next pic - while the other is a pure Golden LSS female. Enjoy the pics guys ! :D more pics to come soon....

Cheers
chris :)

Darren's Discus
07-17-2007, 05:27 AM
Beautiful pair,i like them alot.all the best with them !

cheers

klkch1
07-17-2007, 06:06 AM
Hi Darren :)

Thanks the compliment. Hope to get alot of golden spotted juveniles from this beautiful pair. Doing my very best to keep them in tip top condition.

How's business lately ? All the best to you too

Cheers
chris

Tropical Haven
07-17-2007, 08:55 AM
Hey Chris, those are a nice looking pair, good luck with them.

Lei
07-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Nice pair you have there... Are they breeding already???
Do keep us updated... :D

mirmar
07-17-2007, 12:11 PM
Nice fish!

What is the age now?

Good luck! Keep sending pic's!

kaceyo
07-17-2007, 04:35 PM
I like'm. Where are they from?

Kacey

Organic Farmer
07-17-2007, 05:21 PM
Very nice future breeding stock.Good luck with everything.

Rod
07-17-2007, 06:26 PM
Chris,

Excellent looking discus, i hope you have much success with the breeding and get lots of glss :)

Rod:)

klkch1
07-17-2007, 09:53 PM
:) Gentlemen, thank you for the wonderful comments !

I anticipate that this pair (along with another) will lay another clutch of eggs soon as I continue to feed them well and keep the tank clean. I have at hand 2 very protective pairs which I will use as surrogate parents for the next spawn.

Hi Mirmar - the male is about 13 mths old while the female is 1.5 yrs old. Guess there's quite a gap ! Well, not that the female minds for having a younger companion.. hahaha

Hello Lei - I have just removed a batch of fries fr them and safely kept in a 2.5 ft tank. The fries are fed 4 times a day on BBS. Hope your Super Eruption is doing well.

Hi Kaceyo - the biological parent of this pair originates fr Penang and its fr Mr.Teh Kim Kang aka Ah Kiang (very close friend of mine) - possibly having one of the best golden spotted discus in Penang.

Cheers
Chris

klkch1
10-19-2007, 06:40 AM
Thought I might just post some pics here for forumers to enjoy ! :) These are mosaic golden leopards and golden eruption ! Took a few shots during water change :D

poddan
10-19-2007, 07:08 AM
Just beautiful :)

Kindredspirit
10-19-2007, 08:08 AM
Chris ~ now are these updated pics fry from the pair you posted in July? Or am I missing something?:o

They look awesome, at any rate! The shape is very nice.

Marie ~ :balloon:

klkch1
10-19-2007, 11:36 AM
Hi Poddan, thank you for your kind comments ! :) It's a coincidence that my trustee digicam was just centimetres away and I thought it would be fun to snap up a few good shots.

Hello Marie, this batch is from another pair and glad to know you like them ! :) In fact, you aint missing anything as far as these fishes are concerned :D looking back, i have not been posting pics as consistently as I would like to due to my full time job. With expansion plans on the way, things could only get busier. Fyi, this batch is to be sent off soon to Europe.

dizkuz
10-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Hi there klkch1

Sweeeeeet looking Golden proudoction u have there:)
I Cant wait for my Glssi and mosaic to breed that i receive from your brother that he picked up at Mr.Teh Kim Kang aka Ah Kiang

I have 10 pic of GLSSi and 6 pic Mosaic that are doing very well and started to show me some love dance all ready :D

So the future are getting closer LOL.

Give your brother my regards and let the photos of your golden just coming
Brgd Danne Aka Dizkuz

klkch1
10-19-2007, 07:42 PM
Hi Dizkuz, glad you like them ! :) Courtship dances indicates that breeding period is drawing near, so make sure you take good care of them. All the TLC will benefit you in the long term.

Sure, will send your rgds to my bro. As I am typing this message, he's asleep at home (and I am at the office). Keep me updated.

dizkuz
10-20-2007, 08:37 PM
klkch1 u can take a peak here my friend!!!!:)
Alot of TLC there ...
http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb129/dizkuzzz/

Brgd Danne

klkch1
10-21-2007, 06:18 AM
Hi Danne ! Those Glssi are awesome. Cant believe you grow them as well as I did :D All the best my dear friend

Wahter
10-21-2007, 11:45 AM
Very pretty - let us know how things work out (when you get some fry, etc...).

Thanks for sharing.

Walter