PDA

View Full Version : New tank.

Troy Williams
07-21-2007, 07:01 AM
I got a new 6ft tank 2 days ago & the stand it is on. The stand will hold 2 more 6ft tanks. it's huge. Can't get the car in the garage anymore - oh well. I also got 2 - 3ft tanks split in two for extra breeding tanks. Finally have enough tanks for now (only cause the divorce paper showed it's ugly little head out of the top draw again LOL!!)

The Leopards & Red Pearls are from Darren of A1 Aquarium World. Can't wait for them to grow a little more & start pairing off. Let alone wait for his next shippment. Thanks for looking.

Troy.

alxjss
07-21-2007, 08:49 AM
Wow, really nice. Good luck to u!!!

mandisc
07-21-2007, 09:18 AM
huge tank with nice collections there troy. well done.

Ed13
07-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Troy I hope I'm wrong on this one but I think those tanks are going to crack/leak in the near future, you may get lucky but its a matter of time

Its impossible that the stand holds those large rimless tanks with equal pressure on them and its structurally impossible those 2 x4 are super straight and not add even more stress to the glass. Then its the small foam "pads" adding even more.

You should place a piece of plywood (sealed)or other straight wood on top where the tank sits for its whole perimeter to distribute the weight more evenly and the foam pieces should cover the entire area of the tank even its from various pieces. Some more vertical support might also be in order before that wood bows, those tanks look huge. And it doesn't matter if its glass or acrylic

I just would hate to read a thread "it cracked in the middle of the night"!;)

Otherwise, nice discus!

greyhoundfan
07-21-2007, 10:59 AM
(only cause the divorce paper showed it's ugly little head out of the top draw again LOL!!)

Troy.

very nice.. that would be the only way for me to get even more tanks. I set up a smaller rack in my garage.. it must holds a 115 and a 75 for now. I can still park in my garage.:D

Darren's Discus
07-21-2007, 07:01 PM
Troy troy troy troy,
Ah yes the divorce papers,looks like it's pressie for the wife time ! plenty of room their for lots more fishies i'll fire up the oxygen tank !!

cheers

Troy Williams
07-21-2007, 10:16 PM
WOOOHOO!!!!! More fishes Darren?
I'm just glad i have a shed with a light & i can fit a bed in it too LOL!! Karen will be getting a pair of green cheeked conjures soon so this will tip the scales in my favour (i really really hope:o)

Cheers Mate.