PDA

View Full Version : another potential problem

alxjss
07-21-2007, 09:48 PM
Its me again. The worry wort. But this time i think i have something to worry about. Ok, i will let u be the judge. I normally watch them for sometimes 15-30 min. at a time, several times a day. Today was nothing out of the ordinary. As i watched them, i noticed one of my fish has a lazy fin. Ok, could this be a sign of clamped fin? He uses it when he needs to. It is clamped to his side, but when he needs to he will use it. Then, observing, i saw another one do this. Is this normal, or should i be concerned?
thanks

billeagan
07-23-2007, 10:22 AM
what is your water change routine?

AmberC
07-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Eileen your being paranoid now. A clamped fin will be closed tight and not used at all. The fish dont always use their fins all the time.

Don Trinko
07-23-2007, 01:23 PM
I have noticed that the last discus in the pecking order tends to clamp its fin when close to the #1 fish. When its by itself the fin is up. Could this be what you are seeing? Don T.

pcsb23
07-23-2007, 03:44 PM
I think you are worrying unecessarily :) clamped fins are tight down, not lazy! Just keep an eye on it though, juts in case. But I really don't think you have a prob this time :D

alxjss
07-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Thank u all for ur responses. Yes, i tend to worry. I love these little guys and i sure don't want anything to happen to them. I do a daily wc of at least 33%. I have also added another sponge filter. A hydro V., with that a small power head to move the water more. I turned down the power on the power head so they aren't stressed out. But other than that, all is the same. I haven't noticed this problem anymore, but if that is what happens, i am good. Just don't forget, i am new to the discus world and i don't no much about them. I am learning and I hope u can be patient w/me. :p
thanks again

Tropical Haven
07-23-2007, 06:53 PM
I do a daily wc of at least 33%.

Are you sure it's not 34 or 35%. :D Just kidding!

Kindredspirit
07-23-2007, 07:01 PM
Are you sure it's not 34 or 35%. :D Just kidding!

I saw that too! Paul...you are too funny! Maybe it's 32%...it's those night caps, Paul:)

alxjss
07-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Sure, could be 34%. I siphon out the feces and whatever that takes, which is usually more than 25% so i just picked out a number. Close enough LOL!!!!