PDA

View Full Version : please help me save my little guy...

Kendi
07-26-2007, 10:00 PM
I have 3 discus, 2 are about 2 - 2 1/2 inches and 1 at about 3 inches. They are in a 30 gal. gravel bottom planted tank with 4 glo-lites and a cory. No nitrates, nitrites or ammonia and ph is about 7.0water temp at 85. I use black water in their tank with water changes and I do a minimum of 1/3 of a tank water changes every other day, they all are eating.
:confused::confused::confused:
Since my post in another thread/area,
I just had to pull one that I have been monitoring closely, he is still eating but his color has gone dark again and the red from his eyes is gone and he is hiding alot and he appears to be kinda, sunken? I am not sure how to treat him so unless I get some advice I will start treating him with some meds for internal parasites when I go to lfs tomorrow morning. As of now I have pulled him and put into a bare 10 gal by himself that is set at 86 temp. Please any advice I do want to save him.
Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started
Red is gone from eyes, dark color appears kinda sunken in. Been watching him for a few days.

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)
Hiding, dorsal not standing tall, haven't noticed poop look

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.
Have pulled him from 30 gal to bare 10 gal. Thats it so far.

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish
READ ABOVE FOR ANSWER

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?
READ ABOVE FOR ANSWER

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp __85___

- ph __7.0___

- ammonia reading _0___

- nitrite reading __0__

- nitrate reading __0__

- well water _N___

- municipal water __W/ water softener__

7. Any new fish/plants added recently NO

White Worm
07-26-2007, 11:04 PM
Do a 75% w/c with prime and see if it perks up. 1/3 w/c with your setup is not going to be enough. Put him back with his friends and try that first. 30g is not the best size for discus with what you are trying to do. Young discus need quality conditions (clean water).