PDA

View Full Version : ICH? lol

2jzpower
08-03-2007, 12:20 AM
earlier this week i thought i would do a shotgun treatment with Lifeguard since my fish were acting a little funny....

after 3 days of treament i had an ich outbreak in my tank.... hmmm seems like lifeguard isn't all it's hyped up to be....

i switched to seachem's polyguard and the ich dwindled away in just 3 days.... WTH??? and it's ich of all things too... oh well no losses....

25 cardinals
8 rummynoses
6 4.5 in discus
plecos cories.....
75 gallons heaviy planted... water.. the usual very good plus.. nitrAte at 5ppm and under
and at 86.3 F

i think it'll pass....

Cosmo
08-03-2007, 10:23 AM
You might want to consider raising your temp a bit if the plants will tolerate it

pcsb23
08-03-2007, 04:14 PM
mmm if the temp is where you say and has been there all along it quite rare to find ich. There is a new strain of ich that can toleraqte higher temps, but am not sure it has made its way over to the states yet. Perhaps it was some other parasite??

2jzpower
08-05-2007, 04:54 AM
it was at about 83 then i bumped it up to 86 as soon as i saw it... i don't want to go any higher since the plants.....'

how long should i treat with the temp at 86? parasites have been gone for about 3 or 4 days now

pcsb23
08-07-2007, 05:44 PM
I understand about the plants, to me its a simple equation the cost of some new plants against the cost of some new discus....

I'd keep the temp up at 86 for at least another full week from now, and I run my high tech planted tank at 86f when it houses discus (none in there just now), the plants do fine.