PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy discus?

thewarning
08-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Where's a good place to buy discus online? I tried www.somethingsphishy.com/ and that was a HUGE mistake! I was recentaly looking at www.macsdiscus.com/ but 2 people here didn't like his operation.

travelingman
08-05-2007, 04:27 PM
thewarning
where you from that may help

Paul

Ed13
08-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Where's a good place to buy discus online? I tried www.somethingsphishy.com/ (http://www.somethingsphishy.com/) and that was a HUGE mistake! I was recentaly looking at www.macsdiscus.com/ (http://www.macsdiscus.com/) but 2 people here didn't like his operation.
Seriously, you can't go wrong with one of the sponsors here!!! It'll be very hard to find superior quality at equal or lower prices, with the same customer service as one of our guys! And you can even browse the board for their pass transactions, get some references from other members or look at their feedback using the i-trader !

May I even suggest my good buddy Kenny @International discus, although any of the others will come through for you!

thewarning
08-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Im in OH.

Polar_Bear
08-05-2007, 05:16 PM
I can attest to the health and superiority of discus from International Discus, another sponsor much closer to you and with equally good stock would be Cary at Great Lakes Discus, just outside of Detroit.

devonpond
08-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Im in OH.

These sellers are in the Columbus area. Both allow you to pick out your favorites on site:

Codiscus (http://www.centralohiodiscus.com/)
Mike is a sponsor here and carries fish from Kenny (mentioned by the previous 2 posters).

Five Star (http://fivestardiscus.com/)
Bill has been a sponsor here in the past.

I know of a breeder in Akron. I could send info if interested.

April
08-05-2007, 05:51 PM
another great guy is jack of discus_kc also on here. or as everyonne said..cary ofwww.greatlakesdiscus.com or..international discus. all honest..caring severly addicted hobbyists who go out of their way to please their customers. also green country discus. angela and andrew. or..the brewmaster himself..the owner of this site is in connecticut..he ships and has some great fish. heck..he might even need to sell more..to make room for his addiction..a little birdie told me hes getting more..hes of great help to discus hobbyists.
use the sponsor section..they have certain guidelines to follow to remain sponsors.keep their customers happy and sell good fish. : )
if your going to ship..then ship from someone who has healthy happy fish and have your best interest at heart. i would only deal with sponsors . they can all get what you want..if not this time..next time. different strains at different times. whatever you decide..best to buy all from one source..dont mix from different sources. too high a risk of disease issues.

Don Trinko
08-05-2007, 06:49 PM
There are several places near or in Ohio. I went to see Cary in lower Michigan. It was worth the trip. He is very knowledgable and will take the time to talk to you. Don T.

brewmaster15
08-05-2007, 08:23 PM
or..the brewmaster himself..the owner of this site is in connecticut..he ships and has some great fish. heck..he might even need to sell more..to make room for his addiction..a little birdie told me hes getting more..hes of great help to discus hobbyists.Lol April... LOL...:)

I'd say that any of the forum sponsors would be a great starting place in the quest for good discus...Forget Net searches...theres a million "sellers" of discus out there... But if you want to receive healthy quality fish, I'd look at this forums sponsors.

and you'd be hard pressed to find ones that are more addicted to this hobby than you'll find on this site, IMO.:)

hth,
al

FishLover888
08-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Basic rules for any pet fish:
1. Having a good stock, which gives you a very good start point and less problems down the road. It will save you money in the long run, not counting the stress dealing with sick fish. When you have weak stock to start with, you are way behind on everything. Sometimes there is no way you can make them right.

2. Provide a stress free (or less stressful) enviroment

3. Provide different types of food

These are the three rules you should follow if you want to keep any fish at all.

phidelt85
08-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Forget Net searches...theres a million "sellers" of discus out there... But if you want to receive healthy quality fish, I'd look at this forums sponsors.

and you'd be hard pressed to find ones that are more addicted to this hobby than you'll find on this site, IMO.:)

hth,
al

I'm gonna have to agree. I can vouch for Andrew and Angela @ Green Country Discus http://www.aagreencountrydiscus.com as that is where I got mine from. Very knowledgeable, honest and all around great people. As has already been said, you will be hard-pressed to find a more devoted group as the sponsors that are on this site.

Al's right, there are "sellers" all over the net out there to make a buck. Heck, I just found out you can order discus from Petco online; I definitely would not recommend it however.