PDA

View Full Version : Where to get PraziPro?

Troy Williams
08-09-2007, 07:23 AM
Hi all, As i live in Australia & it is not available here. Can someone tell me where to get Prazi from in the states, maybe one of our sponsors distributes it?

Thanks,
Troy.

Don Trinko
08-09-2007, 07:26 AM
I bought it mail order from Pet Solutions. Don T.

billeagan
08-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Check with A1 Aquarium world they may have some.

tonymaccs
08-10-2007, 01:06 AM
Hi Troy
I haven't seen PraziPro available in Australia. I've been using Science Products "Aqua Worm" which is Praziquantel 100mg/tab. Not too many fish stores here in Brisbane sell it- I get it from Pet City. About $15 for 25 tabs or $40 for 100 tabs. Dosage is 1 tab/20 litres and repeat after 7 days to give you an idea how much you might need.
One of the stores in Rocky should be able to order it in for you.
Otherwise Rod or Darren here on the forum might have a suggestion for you.
There are numerous other animal medications available containing prazi but many of them contain other drugs too which may not be good for discus. I'll get around to checking it out one day as I'd like to know if there is a cheaper source.

If you really get stuck, give me a yell and I'll get some and post it to you.

Tony

tonymaccs
08-10-2007, 01:12 AM
One more thing Troy,
Prazi is better but Sterazin seems to work well for low infestations. Manufacturer wont give ingredients but it looks like a formalin/malachite green based product. Age of Aquariums are the only ones I know of selling it in Bris, give Ben a call he'll mail order it to you overnight.

Tony

Darren's Discus
08-10-2007, 02:08 AM
Troy,
mate do you need more ? have you already gone through the 2 bottles ? i have more.

cheers

renae
08-17-2007, 06:37 PM
This has my attention as I find myself in the same situation..'Aqua Worm?' I have never seen that either..like allready mentioned there are other prazanquil based meds with other meds added to it..I was thinking about mail ordering myself along with a few other meds that you dont see available here.

tonymaccs
08-18-2007, 03:14 AM
I've not tried PraziPro yet but it must be more convenient in liquid form. Must get some oneday. I just run the Aqua Worm tablets in the blender with some distilled water and they go into solution ok.