PDA

View Full Version : My Aegla Crabs?

hexed
08-14-2007, 12:37 AM
I wanted to share my baby Aeglas that I recently got from Germany. They are about 1/8 of an inch long. They are actually niether a crab nor a crayfish. They look like a hermit crab without the shell. They live in the Amazon River area and are something new. Hope you enjoy them ;)
Frank

hexed
08-14-2007, 12:41 AM
Here is my calico longfin pleco :) It's a little blurry but he was stuck to the front of the tank and I had to take the pic through the side glass :)

Kindredspirit
08-14-2007, 04:39 AM
He is sooooo cute!
Well the first two are not bad at all!! Now the rest of them....you are right babe, ya do need your glasses!..http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_28_121.gif but I am sure they are small right?

Frank.....So there are three crabs or five? Too Cute!

I love that crab, though ~ I'm gonna name him ~ call me and I shall tell what it is:D

xo

Danlee
08-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Hey

I want some of those crabs :)

Soo cute!

Nice longfin bn.

hexed
08-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Marie
Here are the before pics so you can see what I was dealing with. I have 9 of these guys. I used pic number 3 to show how big it is compared to the colorbit cause he is ontop of it. The last two just looked cool inside the holes when I enlarged them. The pleco pic I already said was blurry - need to borrow my glasses LMAO!

Danlee
Aren't they LOL Can't wait til they breed for me ;)

Frank :angel:

wood
08-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Did you get them from Andy?

I was just looking at discus photos and saw this post. If you want more information on these guys check out my site info on Aeglas: http://www.planetinverts.com/aegla.html

Andy wrote that article. He is from Germany.

hexed
08-14-2007, 12:25 PM
Yes I got them from my friend Andy (crayfish_germany) on aquabid He did a great job shipping them too! I lost only one in shipping

wood
08-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Yes I got them from my friend Andy (crayfish_germany) on aquabid He did a great job shipping them too! I lost only one in shipping

Yes. Andy is a great guy. I may get the Aeglas sometime in the future. They look very interesting.

Andy is a admin on my site there. Check out more info on there, lots of interesting stuff if you are interested in invertebrates.

-Ryan

I am so fascinated with discus. They are absolutely majestic.

Kindredspirit
08-14-2007, 01:25 PM
Marie
Here are the before pics so you can see what I was dealing with. I have 9 of these guys. I used pic number 3 to show how big it is compared to the colorbit cause he is ontop of it. The last two just looked cool inside the holes when I enlarged them. The pleco pic I already said was blurry - need to borrow my glasses LMAO!

Guess I do, brat!

Love Ya, Frank!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_2_4.gif

Condor
08-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Those are pretty cool, Frank!

Adrian

traco
08-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Frank, you get the neatest things for your tanks! I love the calico pleco, looking for something up here in Canada but no such luck, so far.

Hope they breed for you, neat to start selling those, wouldn't it?

White Worm
08-15-2007, 01:49 AM
Cool. You seem to go for the out of the ordinary.:D

hexed
08-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Thanks everyone! Yes I like the unusual in my tanks LMAO! If it is suppose to be rare or hard to find I will try it, if I can afford it ;)

hexed
08-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Here's two more pics this is a bigger one ;)

Ed13
08-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Like many of the animals of the Amazon river these guys are probably the decendents of animals that came from the ocean and adapted to fresh water life, in this case hermits. They def look like hermits without a shell. Really cool, although I must confess that I thought you were getting these guys as food for your discus, kinda like a nice lobster dinner:D

AmberC
08-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Thats really cool Frank! I've never heard of anything like that before! Thanks for sharing :)

Amber