PDA

View Full Version : Can I fill the tank back up??

Derock
08-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Day two of free swimming and all the fry found both parents. It's a 33 gallon tank ...I lowered the water half way to help them locate mom and dad. Is it okay to fill the tank slowly back up to normal level. I use Prime and tap water. This is there first brood...so far both parents are excellent.

mandisc
08-16-2007, 11:30 PM
Day two of free swimming and all the fry found both parents. It's a 33 gallon tank ...I lowered the water half way to help them locate mom and dad. Is it okay to fill the tank slowly back up to normal level. I use Prime and tap water. This is there first brood...so far both parents are excellent.

hi Derock,
IMHO wait till day 3 . siphon just the dirt out from the tank n add fresh water to a level slightly higher than before. do it gradually dailly. you can also start feeding parents bit by bit.
congrats n good luck.

Derock
08-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Thanks Mandisc I will do like you said. Makes sense ....just a little worried ...because this is only my second time raising fry. The parents are being awesome and making the rest easy. I have brine shrimp already going and two other batches started at different stages. When is the best time to start trying bbs for them. I read here that by day # 7 doesnt that sound a little long to wait.

mandisc
08-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Thanks Mandisc I will do like you said. Makes sense ....just a little worried ...because this is only my second time raising fry. The parents are being awesome and making the rest easy. I have brine shrimp already going and two other batches started at different stages. When is the best time to start trying bbs for them. I read here that by day # 7 doesnt that sound a little long to wait.

hi again
mine started feeding BS after day 7 or so. but start feeding BS just a little bit , do not overfeeed cos uneaten BS can cause more harm than good. for the time being, their parent murcus is enough for them. good luck bro. keep rockin'.

Elite Aquaria
08-18-2007, 08:05 AM
I agree with Mandisc start raising water around day 3...I like to start feeding BBS day 5-7.

Dan