PDA

View Full Version : Black Ghost Knife with discus?

FishLover888
08-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Anyone tried this before?

Not so sure about the water temp (around 26C?). I just love the look of it and would be a nice addition to my tank. My tank temp is about 86F (30C?).

Kindredspirit
08-18-2007, 09:57 AM
I think that Frank has ~ he is a Moderator on this site ~ crap, I so have forgotten his ID!:o I must be tired....

I will email him this link:)

hexed
08-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Yes I still have my black knife fish with my discus. He is about 12 inches long now. You have to feed him either FBW or CBWs. I would put the worms in the tank AFTER I turned off the lights. My knife did not eat during the day :( Now he eats all the time LOL even colorbits!
Frank :angel:

mikesmac
08-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Hi Fishlover,

I have had black ghosts in with my discus and they do really well in a discus tank....too well in fact. They are nice and cute, really cool swimming around, when you get them at 2 or 3 inches long, and tend to be nocturnal as far as regular swimming around, but they are voracious eaters and would be the first to any food I put in and would eat as much as they could get. In trying to keep the discus fed, the ghosts ate a substantial amount and it didn't take long for them to be about 16 inches.... and eating a lot more!!!.. before I got rid of them. The information on them says they can get 3 feet long! Way too much competition than I wanted for my discus.

Mike

FishLover888
08-19-2007, 11:25 AM
Thanks guys/gals.

I think I'm not going to have one. According to what you said, they get too big for my fiscus. I'll have to wait till I can have another tank.
:)

Apistomaster
08-27-2007, 03:57 PM
You will never have problems finding someone who wants your over sized Black Ghosts. They can become hand tame and will take food from your fingers. Especially small earthworms. They are a bit much after growing to ten inches or more as a discus tank mate.