PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell my owner what strain I am?

tonymaccs
08-22-2007, 07:09 AM
He thinks I've got 14 bars (if he can count). Most of the time I am very light coloured with yellow highlights. Other times like when I'm fooling around with my girlfriend in pic4 I get dark green around the perimeter but still keep my yellow glow.
ps- dont comment on my burnt tail fins, my clever owner was helping me with my itchiness and gave me a PP bath last week- hope they grow out as nice as they were.

phidelt85
08-22-2007, 07:43 AM
I couldn't tell ya what strain you are little fishy, but you are quite a good-looking little guy. :D

Tony, he looks pretty cool. Perhaps a golden snakeskin?

AADiscus
08-22-2007, 10:38 AM
I was thinking the same thing Jose.

ps....tell your owner to not give you such a long pp bath next time and maybe your fins won't get hurt.

Ed13
08-22-2007, 11:24 AM
Yes you've got 14 bars. I'll tell Tony you are a blue snakeskin with possible wild brown genes or golden genes in your bakground, although a yellow glow could be mutation

billeagan
08-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Yes you've got 14 bars. I'll tell Tony you are a blue snakeskin with possible wild brown genes or golden genes in your bakground, although a yellow glow could be mutation

I would definitely say you have some wild genes there...

pcsb23
08-22-2007, 05:17 PM
poss a snakeskin of some sort and poss some wild genes too. Keep a close watch on it though, there seems to be some small pits around the face.

phidelt85
08-22-2007, 06:03 PM
Keep a close watch on it though, there seems to be some small pits around the face.

I'm thinkin' those are probably just normal sensory pits exaggerated by the angle of the photo.

Blackwater Aquaria
08-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Depending on the type of lighting you are using I would have to say he could be just a really lite wild brown or crossed with a domestic lite colored Discus its jut a guess. Mike

Polar_Bear
08-22-2007, 09:33 PM
The first thing that popped into my head when I first saw this fish was SS x something, so I agree with Jose, even though it lacks SS face and opercula markings everything else screams SS to me. I disagree about it having wild in the cross though, maybe SS x Golden or some other yellow discus?

tonymaccs
08-23-2007, 04:06 AM
Thanks for the warning guys, but once again it's my fault- I was too lazy to clean the outside glass and it's creating illusions. He is totally clean around the head.
BTW, I figured something was afoot yesterday and today, eggs!

tonymaccs
08-23-2007, 04:08 AM
Re lighting- just the room fluoro, no camera flash.
Think I'll leave the glass cleaning til later.

Darren's Discus
08-23-2007, 07:38 AM
Tony,
all the best with the spawn.

cheers

Ed13
08-23-2007, 12:36 PM
If you take away all the extra bars and imagine the thin line pattern is a bit thicker this fish is almost identical to wild colombian greens, especially in the last set of pics.

I'm not saying it is wild or that it has wild gernes, just that reminds me of some I saw last year. Anyway, it has an unmistakable golden glow
Oh and congrats on the spawn

billeagan
08-23-2007, 02:50 PM
If you take away all the extra bars and imagine the thin line pattern is a bit thicker this fish is almost identical to wild colombian greens, especially in the last set of pics.

I'm not saying it is wild or that it has wild gernes, just that reminds me of some I saw last year. Anyway, it has an unmistakable golden glow
Oh and congrats on the spawn

Agree with with ED13 - and with the markings on the anal fin led with teh coloration around the head led me to the wild portion.