PDA

View Full Version : Male or Female, Guys?

Kindredspirit
08-28-2007, 11:28 PM
I was wondering opinions on male or female for these two discus....Mr. Spots Clifford really likes the BD....they both turn so dark and quiver a lot went they come close;)

But ~

The Tang here is in the mix as well!

So....I know that Mr. Spots is a male ~ according to Kenny....all males?

Thanks Guys!

reelay0
08-29-2007, 12:20 AM
amateur opinion:

i'd say the blue diamond is a female. because the end of the top and bottom fins are smooth and not elongated.

I'd say the red one is a male cuz it has the long fins and the long tail.

but that does fit the idea the mr. spots clifford is a male, and he likes the blue diamond which is a female, and the red one is in on the action as well (with hopefully the blue diamond?).

or maybe mr. spots clifford doesn't know the blue diamond is actually a cross-scaler.:o

Darren's Discus
08-29-2007, 01:51 AM
Marie,
I would say the BD is A female a better pic of the other one would be good.

cheers

Kenny's Discus
08-29-2007, 06:32 AM
Marie, I agree with everyone's guess except for Tang I think that's a she....although I could be way off here LOL.:p

Mr. Spot is a guaranteed, 100% male(he produced frys before with my albino female). Your BD picture(that's an old pic take some new one! LOL) might be a bit too young to tell its sex judging by dorsal/anal but I also think it's a she.:D

Tell me you didn't miss out on the Petco tank sale that was held a few days ago right? How many tanks did you get?;) Like 12?:D

Kenny

Kindredspirit
08-29-2007, 07:37 AM
Marie, I agree with everyone's guess except for Tang I think that's a she....although I could be way off here LOL.:p

Really? hmm....I wonder!

Mr. Spot is a guaranteed, 100% male(he produced frys before with my albino female). Your BD picture(that's an old pic take some new one! LOL) might be a bit too young to tell its sex judging by dorsal/anal but I also think it's a she.:D

I know I know...! lol that is an old pic of my BD.....:p Makes sense though if it is a she~ she turns so dark and so does Mr. Spots when they hang out!

Tell me you didn't miss out on the Petco tank sale that was held a few days ago right? How many tanks did you get?;) Like 12?:D

Kenny

umm.....I guess so! I have my eye on this really nice tank at The Fish Planet!:)...Did you pop over there when you were up here for the ACA? Kenny it is so nice....much like the ones you and Lewis had at the ACA.....

I have it on lay-away....lol! By the time I get it my fish will be all dead!

Kindredspirit
08-29-2007, 07:40 AM
or maybe mr. spots clifford doesn't know the blue diamond is actually a cross-scaler.:o

lol! Thank you, Reelay! Cross-scaler....! That is hilarious!

Marie,
I would say the BD is A female a better pic of the other one would be good.

cheers

I know ~ that orange one is horrible to take pictures of!! He is my least fav one to shoot! I knew someone was gonna say that...lol!

Thanks, Darren!

Elite Aquaria
08-29-2007, 08:04 AM

Kenny

It was 15...:D 12 40 breeders and 3 20's...:D:D:D My wife thinks I am not well...

Dan

pcsb23
08-29-2007, 03:37 PM
I still think they are both female......

billeagan
08-29-2007, 05:47 PM
Hey, I think you have type of tangerine I have been looking for. Where did you pick it up? Its orange is really, really deep -correct?

As far as m/f - not sure.

Upper Canada
08-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Hi Marie,

I would agree with Paul, but as Darren said another picture of the Tangerine would be helpful.

Bob

Kindredspirit
08-29-2007, 10:37 PM
I still think they are both female......

Okay.... ! Thanks, Paul:)

Hey, I think you have type of tangerine I have been looking for. Where did you pick it up? Its orange is really, really deep -correct?

As far as m/f - not sure.

Yes Bill....def orange! He was my second discus ~ I got him from Cary about two years ago....:)

Hi Marie,

I would agree with Paul, but as Darren said another picture of the Tangerine would be helpful.

Bob

Okay...how is this pic, Bob? Any better?

Upper Canada
08-29-2007, 10:56 PM
Thanks Marie,

My guess is that is a female, and I say guess because I have been fooled before when only considering the fins as evidence.

Bob

Kindredspirit
08-29-2007, 11:48 PM
Thanks Bob! I trust you guys....Hell I have no idea!!

Polar_Bear
08-30-2007, 01:33 AM
Paul and Kenny are correct, two females

tdr1919
08-30-2007, 08:59 AM
I also think they are both females, but I have had males that I swore were females.

I am "hiding" a brand new 55 I picked up at Petco!

Tom

Kindredspirit
08-30-2007, 09:14 AM
I am "hiding" a brand new 55 I picked up at Petco!

Tom

Funny funny man....! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_6.gif

:)