PDA

View Full Version : Best Freeze dried food for Discus

TRD
08-31-2007, 07:56 PM
i just wanna know the best freeze dried food (flakes, pellets)..yeah those kinds of things..im kinda new to this site

Blackwater Aquaria
09-01-2007, 12:13 AM
A very good question there are very many foods that you should use. Frozen bloodworms are a good choice pellet foods also. I like to mix them up depending on the size of Discus I am feeding. Tetra bits spectrum pellets Ocean Nutrition Formula One that my fish really like. I am not too keen on flake foods unless you want to add more water changes. I also feed live blackworms maybe every 3 to 4 weeks I will feed them untill they are gone it takes about a week or so but the Discus go nuts over them by the end of feeding the fish put on a bit of fat and they fill out great.I also add Vita Chem vitamins 2x a week it comes in liquid form just add it to the tank per directions.This is the type of foods I use there are many more to choose from good luck! Mike

tonymaccs
09-08-2007, 08:17 AM
I recently bought Cyclop-eeze, the freeze dried one. If you take the promotional blurb as gospel, they should be feeding it to the astronauts in space. Looks, feels, and smells great. But I cant get my two month olds interested.
Cost a small fortune and I'll probably end up mixing it into a homemade mash.:(
Bought the flake at the same time which also looks, feels and smells great but even my greedy-pig geophagus wont chomp it. Discus think its confetti.