PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Australia, looking forward to chatting about discus

dvarnay
09-03-2007, 06:09 AM
Hi All,

Have had my discus 6 for 5 years (they were only 1 inch when I got them, now they are about 8 inches) now and hope to start breeding them . Looking forward to asking heaps of questions and hopefully helping others along the way. I now have 1 x 5 Ft community tank and just finished cycling my Discus breeding tank. Have no idea at this moment how to start but hope to learn as I go.

Cheers
Debbie

Rod
09-03-2007, 07:51 AM
Hi Debbie,

You've come to the right place, plenty of great info and great people. :)

Darren's Discus
09-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Hi Debbie,
welcome to simply lots of us aussie's here !

cheers

Danlee
09-04-2007, 01:51 AM
Hey welcome Debbie.

Great bunch of people on here and very helpful :)

Troy Williams
09-04-2007, 06:22 AM
Welcome to Simply Debbie, Alot of top people on this forum. You will find all there is to know about Discus here.

Cheers,
Troy

Upper Canada
09-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Hello Debbie,

You have done well to raise your discus to this size, congratulations. As you can see your country is well represented by these excellent hobbyists. I am glad to welcome another Aussie to the crowd.

Bob

renae
09-05-2007, 12:21 AM
Hi Debbie and Welcome,
You'll love it here everyone is friendly and willing to help. :)

April
09-05-2007, 01:50 AM
the aussies are taking over again!!! lol. a few of those aussies are top notch breeders...and have alot of help and info. so ...pick their brain. ask your questions..read..and you will get there. they will decide when its time for them to breed and raise..be patient . thats the trick. its a learning curve for them also. the first few times quite often they dont get it right. so just let them practise in the main tank..and get protective..when they get wigglers..and look after them..move them for the next batch.

renae
09-08-2007, 03:28 AM
Hi Debbie,I know I've allready posted a welcome to you, but just curious as to what area in Sydney...I grew up in Sydney and all my family are still living there...anyway I lived in Kirrawee,Caringbah and Cronulla....Mmmm I really miss the beaches.

dvarnay
09-08-2007, 04:31 AM
Hi renae

I live in Killara on the other side of the city. Where in Victoria are you living at the moment. I spend 12 months with work in Victoria living in Malvern. Nice to talk to another Aussie discus lover.

What type of dicus do you have and do you breed.

Cheers
Debbie

renae
09-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Debbie,
I'm in Mildura...I have a pair but I havn't been successful although I'm getting alot of help from the people here on that,these two paired up in the community tank...I have 12 discus..red turqs,spotted leopard,BD,Golden Sunrise to name a few..best of luck with your breeding Debbie.

Ben75
09-12-2007, 01:12 AM
Hi Debbie,
Welcome to simply, i hope you enjoy your time on here.
I am sure you will find everyone willing to help out.
Good to see another Aussie on here!

dvarnay
09-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Thankyou Ben,

Do you know if there are any discus people from Sydney, on this forum as I am looking for a breeder to purchase some more young discus and don't want the have to rely on the lfs for them. They are good and quite knowledgable but the discus they seem to get in are not the best looking and are older than I want.

Cheers
Debbie

Ben75
09-12-2007, 11:59 PM
Hi Debbie,
I don't know of many people in the sydney area, however I can personally recommend A1 Aquarium World here in Townsville, Darren has a heap of great fish, good prices & service to match.
all the best,

Elite Aquaria
09-13-2007, 12:03 AM
Debbie,

I agree with Ben...Look up Darren at A1 Aquarium World...

Please post some pictures of those monsters when you have some time.

Dan