PDA

View Full Version : Stocking My Tank??

beadgal05
09-05-2007, 01:05 PM
I have a 75 gallon tank its been cycled for almost a year and want to add 6 discus at the same time--will this be alright or??

Tropical Haven
09-05-2007, 01:34 PM
6 discus is just fine, just make sure you get some quality stock or you may get disappointed. There are sponsors on here that have great quality discus, I would start there. Welcome to the forum.

Apistomaster
09-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Definitely get your fish from one of the good sponsors and not through your fish shop.
Try to make sure you are well stocked with some of the same foods they use and maybe some live black worms to get them off to a good start.
I would buy 2-1/2 inch fish. You will be amazed at how fast they grow. They'll double their size in eight to ten months.
You might want to get eight discus while you are at it. The freight will be the same.. A 75 is large enough for that number.

mmorris
09-05-2007, 05:56 PM
How have you kept the tank cycled for almost a year? Are you adding ammonia? Are there already fish in it? If so, what kind? I highly recommend buying from our sponsors rather than from the LFS. You will get healthy, attractive discus for probably less than what your LFS charges. Martha

beadgal05
09-05-2007, 06:16 PM
There were fish in the tank--african chiclids but no longer I just want to make sure the water is good for them ect,,,!Wheres a good place to get them since I'm in Indiana??