PDA

View Full Version : Taking Picture of Fish

TRD
09-06-2007, 06:11 PM
I was tryen to take pictures of my discus and angel fish yesterday but they really blew..i got a couple good ones that i put up and one for my avatar but i just wanted to know how some of you guys take such good pictures...i have a digital camera...Canon Powershot 520. Thanx

terps
09-06-2007, 07:21 PM
I think the most important thing is to have strong lighting. Lack of strong light will make taking good photos very difficult. Also clean the tank and glass as much as possible. Get close to the tank and shoot on an angle so you don't get reflections from your flash. It helps if your camera has a macro mode. Then practice, practice, practice.

TRD
09-06-2007, 07:23 PM
sounds good to me..i think ill just adjust the lights..thanx

Tropical Haven
09-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Just remember out of 25 pictures taken you may find 1 or 2 good ones to use. Angel fish are the hardest to take because they like to dart around the tank when they see you.

phidelt85
09-07-2007, 10:12 AM
Good advice so far. I usually have to stand still and let them come to me and take lots of pictures. I just took about 80 pics last night and got about 12 good shots. The macro function works best. BTW just cuz it doesn't look good on your camera LCD doesn't mean it's a crappy shot. I've had a few questionable shots turn out to be really good.

Good luck and remember lots of patience and shots :)

Wahter
09-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Here are some tips. Hopefully these will help you out.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=59339

Walter