PDA

View Full Version : PICS OF ROD"S FISH

Darren's Discus
09-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Last week i was lucky enogh to get some fish of Rod,here are the pics of the solid red albino intermediates i recieved and some of his angels !

cheers

Condor
09-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Darren and Rod, great looking fish. Can you provide a little more about the genetics?

Adrian:)

Darren's Discus
09-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Adrian,
the father was a golden melon the mother was a albino alanqer,I let Rod explain more he is the genetic expert !

cheers

Rod
09-09-2007, 02:12 AM
Adrian,
I let Rod explain more he is the genetic expert !

cheers

Yeah right Darren, expert i am far from, but the albino gene being resessive is pretty basic stuff so maybe i can give it a go....

Exactly as Darren said, albino alenquer x golden melon. The melon is brown based (no pigeon gene). Next generation if inbred will give some albino's, and with some luck some goldens too and hopefully they will all be solid red types :D

They look well settled mate :)

Kenny's Discus
09-09-2007, 03:05 AM
Nice work Rod and Darren! Best of luck to you both with those beauties!:)

Kenny

Condor
09-09-2007, 08:20 AM
Adrian,
the father was a golden melon the mother was a albino alanqer,I let Rod explain more he is the genetic expert !

cheers

Yeah right Darren, expert i am far from, but the albino gene being resessive is pretty basic stuff so maybe i can give it a go....

Exactly as Darren said, albino alenquer x golden melon. The melon is brown based (no pigeon gene). Next generation if inbred will give some albino's, and with some luck some goldens too and hopefully they will all be solid red types :D

They look well settled mate :)

Thanks guys:)

Adrian

phidelt85
09-09-2007, 11:55 AM
Those are really nice looking fish!! Nice job, Rod; and you lucky dog, Darren!! :D

Ryan
09-10-2007, 01:40 PM
Rod's discus always have amazing shape. Those discus look great!

But man, look at those angelfish :D Perky and alert and awesome green sheen on some of them :thumbsup:

Hey Rod, it's time to start exporting to the US, no? ;)

Rod
09-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Rod's discus always have amazing shape. Those discus look great!

But man, look at those angelfish :D Perky and alert and awesome green sheen on some of them :thumbsup:

Hey Rod, it's time to start exporting to the US, no? ;)

Hey Ryan, How about an exchange program? i'd love some of the awesome wilds you guys in the states get :D

Jason
09-10-2007, 10:07 PM
nice fish Darren!

can't go wrong when you get fish from one of the best:)

Elite Aquaria
09-11-2007, 06:38 AM
Great job Rod...Darren you have some beauties on your hands...

Keep ups posted as they mature.

Dan

brewmaster15
09-11-2007, 07:03 AM
Beautiful as always Rod!
Darrens one lucky guy to be able to visit you...some day I'll make that trip!:)

Like the angels too...just watch out ..they have a way of taking over!!

-al

ping
09-11-2007, 10:24 AM
very nice Darren. Discus shape is good.

Ronny

April
09-11-2007, 10:40 AM
i think those fish were slated for canada...surely...darren..now give em back! lol.
those are nice..lucky you. but you already have lots of nice fish.

Danlee
09-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Hey

Great looking fish :)

NIce discus and angels!!!

Darren's Discus
09-21-2007, 11:43 PM
Just a couple of updated pic's now they have settled in and coloured up a bit,really like these very clean.

cheers

mandisc
09-22-2007, 12:40 AM
congrats darren and well done rod. nice albino golden red alenquer intermediates. should throw out some beautiful albinos frys in the near future.
best of luck to both of you.

Darren's Discus
09-22-2007, 02:26 AM
Thanks mandisc,
Yes can't wait for these one's to grow.although the way they eat i wanted to give them back to Rod they cost too much to feed.LOL

cheers

Kindredspirit
09-22-2007, 02:29 AM
but you already have lots of nice fish.

Ya think? Me thinks the gentleman should share:D I have always wanted some of Rod's discus!

Rod
09-22-2007, 08:17 AM
Thanks mandisc,
Yes can't wait for these one's to grow.although the way they eat i wanted to give them back to Rod they cost too much to feed.LOL

cheers

lol Darren, well your stuck with them now. I've got enough mouths to feed.

They are coloring up nicely in your tank mate, they look happy :)

Rod