PDA

View Full Version : new hatch 3d time

rly
09-10-2007, 08:42 PM
hi all well this is the thied tome for wigglers they are now less than 8hrs old left this am for work and about 7 this eve they were no longer eggs they fall off the sword plant and mom ort dad scoops them up and returns them to the plant not eating pretty cool last night i put some bbs eggs in a 2litr jug with some aeriation and rock salt but never having seen them i really cant tell if anything has hatched or not i do not have any small tanks and they are in a 130 with 10 discus i should be changing water but dont want to disturb ohwell guess at this point doesnt really matter the other sawns have not attached to parents and how old before they can eat bbs
thanks
ron

AADiscus
09-10-2007, 09:00 PM
The only problem I think you might have is that they are in a community tank. You have a very slim chance of them surviving. It would be best if you could put the pair in a tank of there own. BBS normally take 24+- hrs to hatch depending on the temp of the water for them. Ours are in a heated fish room at around 83 so they seem to hatch earlier. Take the aeration out of the tube and let it settle for about 3-4 minutes. You will see little things swimming and the unhatched eggs at the bottom of your container. lol......sea monkeys! Try putting your pair in a tank by them selfs and see what you can do!

ps......you never mentioned what strain this is. :D

Tropical Haven
09-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Another thing you need to do is place you pair in a bb tank by themselves. If your eggs get into your rocks you may never see them. If your wigglers survived it takes about 5 days after being laid that they become free swimming. I would try to raise them in a community tank you won't be able to keep babies alive.