PDA

View Full Version : 1st 'Clutch' - Back from HTH (BD X WG)

doc3toes
09-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Well at the end of the treatment of the parents for HITH, they spawned on the glass while i was across the country. I have to credit my GF for taking care of them while i was gone. You can still see the sores from the HTH on the parents. I was planning on treating those topically but never got the chance. I think i will pull the fry in the next couple days and give the parents a break again to heal up some more. These fry seem to be really big compared to the last 2 that i raised without the parents. As soon as i have them taking BBS well enough - out they come ... wish me luck, looks like i could have 75-100 fry - this could be my first real clutch! (the previous clutch of 2 are now called itchy and scratchy)

Darren's Discus
09-12-2007, 12:34 AM
Good job,
you should be stuffing those little bellies full of bbs,all the best with them.

cheers

doc3toes
09-12-2007, 12:44 AM
i would have liked to start them earlier on the BBS, but i was away. When i got home they were 7 days post hatch. had to feed frozen BBS for fisrt 48hrs while i got some fresh up and running. looks like they are starting to take the BBS and First Bites now, hopefully they kick into high gear with the eating.

tdr1919
09-12-2007, 05:14 PM
i would have liked to start them earlier on the BBS, but i was away. When i got home they were 7 days post hatch. had to feed frozen BBS for fisrt 48hrs while i got some fresh up and running. looks like they are starting to take the BBS and First Bites now, hopefully they kick into high gear with the eating.

Big Fry! how many days free swimming?

Tom

doc3toes
09-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Big Fry! how many days free swimming?

Tom

well thats a bit hard to answer because i was away for the first week. but in the photos, they were 10 days since hatch, so maybe 7-8 days free swimming. I think they are huge, but i am pretty new at this. they are taking BBS very well today and i am going to remove them from the parents in the next couple days (as soon as i can).

doc3toes
09-16-2007, 05:39 PM
All is well. Moved the fry out yesterday. There are a couple that swim pointed up - i assume this is a swimbladder problem. do they ever grouw out of it, or should i cull now? otherwise i counted 100 fry in the photo. they are eating well and are 15 days post hatch.

doc3toes
09-20-2007, 11:38 PM
19 days post hatch and are eating like little piggies. doing great.

phidelt85
09-20-2007, 11:56 PM
They're looking great, doc. I didn't realize how fast they grow

Kindredspirit
09-22-2007, 08:55 AM
They sure are growing quickly! Their tank is absolutely spotless, Don:)