PDA

View Full Version : Red spotted leopard cross red turquoise?

Berdel
09-12-2007, 03:56 AM
I currently have red turk pair carrying fry but i also have a pair of red spotted leopards where i can't get the assumed male to fertilize the eggs.

So, now im thinking about putting my confirmed red turk male together with my confirmed red spotted leopard female.

But how will the fry turn out? Does anyone have experience with this cross?

Thanks in advance

kaceyo
09-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Hi Berdel,
You'll get mostly RT's with some Red Diamonds (spotted Turqs) and maybe a few Leopards depending on the quality of the lep and the roll of the dice.
HTH,

Kacey

fishmama
09-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Do you mean a pair like these? Mama is RT, Pa is Leopard...

tdr1919
09-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Do you mean a pair like these? Mama is RT, Pa is Leopard...

beautiful pair and great looking youg ones! (lotsa work getting them to that stage!)

Tom

fishmama
09-12-2007, 07:14 PM
Thanks Tom...you are right, that was a ton of work until 8 wks old and I was running out of tank space so off to Discus KC they went for further growth.

Berdel-Kacey is correct, mostly RT's, some leopard spots. I need to get a current pic as I would like to see what they look like now myself! I am to pick a few to bring back to my tanks.

Good luck!

Rod
09-12-2007, 07:30 PM
Heres a few fish that are from a similar cross.

You'll find a fair bit of variation in the pattern, but will mostly look more or less like red turks. But also spotted will appear. Good cross i think, as the leopard types used red turks as one of the primary strains to develop the leopard skin discus varieties.

Rod:)

Polar_Bear
09-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Rod,
That middle one is a show stopper, absolutely gorgeous!

Berdel
09-13-2007, 02:48 AM
Thanks alot guys. I think i will go for it. Here are the fish in question :)

kaceyo
09-13-2007, 09:07 AM
Nice pattern on that Lep. Should make a good cross.

Kacey