PDA

View Full Version : rapid swimmer

alxjss
09-16-2007, 08:30 AM
Hi all. Its been awhile. I had no problems, so didn't post. Kept up tho. Now i have a problem. I have one discus that is swimming rapidly. He is pointed in an upright position. He is the one that gets picked on by all. He is homeless. He was fine last nite. I just noticed him this morning. He does have swelling in his abdominal area. Not in his stomach like normal bloat. Can someone tell me what to do? I love this guy. Please help:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Kindredspirit
09-16-2007, 08:58 AM
Eileen, can you take a quick picture?

alxjss
09-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Hi marie. will do. give me a sec. Well, guess what, my batts r dead!!! I am looking for some now.

alxjss
09-16-2007, 09:46 AM
ok, can't find batts,, trying to set up qt. thought i was ready. Well, must be organized for that. Anyway, finally got qt set up. I have batts on the charger. as soon as i get them charged, i will post a pic. But,. in the mean time, what to do. I am gonna start w/ epsom salt and see what happens. Until i get a pic. anyway. Thanks. if anyone has an idea, please help. I don't want this guy to et the belt.

Kindredspirit
09-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Hi marie. will do. give me a sec. Well, guess what, my batts r dead!!! I am looking for some now.

Batts? Your batts are dead? I am....confused? You have batts too?

Kindredspirit
09-16-2007, 09:49 AM
. Anyway, finally got qt set up. I have batts on the charger. as soon as i get them charged,

BATTERIES!! Yes! Forgive me, Eileen, I am...tired:p

Yes, I would start some Epsom salt ~ certainly can not hurt ~

alxjss
09-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Sorry to confuse u marie. Don't mean to. Yes, batteries for my camera. Soon as they r charged, i can post a pic. Thanks Marie for the quick response. Keep looking, soon i should have a pic up.

Ardan
09-16-2007, 10:40 AM
Yes, first try the epsom salt.
Maybe it has a blockage that is pushing on the swimbladder opening, causing it to loose balance.

Ardan

alxjss
09-16-2007, 11:46 AM
My little guy is in qt now. i put 1.5 tbsps of epsom salt in. Covered the tank because the only place i can put it now is on my kitchen counter. Alot of activity. Hopefully, this will make him relax. He is in darkness now. Not total tho. The problem w/this guy is he gets it from all 5 fish. He is the only one who gets picked on by all of them. Sometimes 3 @ a time. I no he is stressed. But he seems determined to eat tho. I feel bad for the guy. He has no place in the tank to go. He can't even eat in peace. Maybe this will help in his aggression.

alxjss
09-16-2007, 07:31 PM
OK, my guy is eating and i see feces. Good sign. One thing. When i said rapid swimming, i think i messed up. I am watching his fins. They r just going a mile a minute. Is this something to be alarmed about? He seems ok, I am gonna keep him in qt until tomorrow afternoon when i come home from work. Any ideas on this?

pcsb23
09-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Likely it was a blockage and it needed to get its fins going to keep its position in the water, as Ardan said it probably affected the swim bladder some, hope it turns out ok.

alxjss
09-25-2007, 07:05 PM
Hi Paul, nice to hear from u. Yes, the fish is good. He came out and went back in the tank the next day. I sometimes wonder if i am overfeeding. I still tend to feed toooooooo much. Try not to, but they get me everytime with their begging!!!!