PDA

View Full Version : Corporate PIGS!

Greg Richardson
09-16-2007, 06:05 PM
We live up top of a mountain area. They had been working on replacing power lines with lines that are more resistant to tree limbs falling on them. Okay you trying to save yourselves some $$ and hopefully improve our power outages also.

Driving home Friday night after 5:00 office closing time here is a sign saying power outages 17th thru 19th between 8:00AM and 5:00PM.
The sign says call for info.
These signs weren't up earliar in the day.

OK. What exactly does that mean? The whole day?
Or when they need to turn it off for 30 minutes doing hook ups like they've done before working on lines?

So I call the info sign and it is a sub contractor of our Power company. Their recording says not open on weekends call Monday. Oh great! You put up a sign for info that no one can obtain.
So next step was calling Power company. They are only accepting calls for power outages and of course can't help with this situation.

So now you either hook up the generator running it all day when gas is close to $3.00 a gallon here and risk getting it ripped off or leave in morning hoping it will just be intermittent outages in which case I'm not all that concerned as all my equipment re-primes well.

It just burns me these corporate idiots put up signs after the window of opportunity is long gone for info.

I'll be long gone in the morning before these idiots get to work to give out info.

I have two calls though I'm making at work Monday. LOL!

I'm done. LOL!

Polar_Bear
09-16-2007, 07:50 PM
I do believe I'd be pretty upset myself!

Tropical Haven
09-16-2007, 11:26 PM
I would definitely be pissed if that happened to me, I could not imagine my power being out that long.