PDA

View Full Version : Prazi in food

guille2007
09-19-2007, 12:10 PM
What is the prazi powder or prazipro doseage to be used in BHM?

guille2007
09-20-2007, 10:53 AM
No one knows about this please?, I did not find a related info after doing a search.

Diamond Discus
09-20-2007, 11:14 AM
Praziquantel :
For flukes and tapeworms : - Tank Dosage : 100 mgs per 10 gallons. Premixing in cup Using R.O. water before adding to tank. Soft acidity water helps break the med down quicker or just use regular tap water. Continue with normal water changes if needed to maintain proper tank balance - cleaning up foods & feces. Re: apply the Med. To Only the percent you take out after every water change. This treatment should go to a full 21 days to hit hard on gill flukes.
In Food: To Target Tapeworms Mix in prazi -1/2 Teaspoon to 1/4 lb of food.Or 500 Grams of food to 400 mgs of prazi - medicine. Feed every second day for 1 week. No other foods should be fed on the days of Anti-worm feedings.

PraziPro is name brand containing Praziquantel and is a liquid. Use 1 Teaspoon per 20 gallons

guille2007
09-20-2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks Sue :), when if food every second day means day 1, 3 and 5, that way? and as general question: in case of prazi is it more efective against gill flukes to add in food or to add in water?

Diamond Discus
09-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks Sue :), when if food every second day means day 1, 3 and 5, that way? and as general question: in case of prazi is it more efective against gill flukes to add in food or to add in water?

Yes that is what it means. day 1, 3, and 5. I use PraziPro in the water to target gill flukes and worms. I have never used the straight praziquantel powder in food. The powder in food is to target tapeworms, flatworms and turbellarians. I love PraziPro. Very gentle and can be used as a preventative.

Diamond Discus
09-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Perhaps someone else has had experience with using the pure powder form in food. ;)

brewmaster15
09-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Hi,
Prazi in food is effective for tapeworms...and probably for some nematodes... but IME... its best used as a bath for flukes , which are an external parasite.... If the prazi is in the food...it may never reach the blood concentration necessary to effect the flukes thru their feeding on the gills.

hth,
al

guille2007
09-20-2007, 10:24 PM
Thanks Sue and Al

I have the two form, prazipro and pure prazi powder, what do you recommend as better choice?

Diamond Discus
09-21-2007, 10:14 AM
I have never used the powder form. Being pure Prazi, I would think it would be highly effective. But I can't answer your question. I use PraziPro liquid and love it. ;)
Sue

brewmaster15
09-21-2007, 10:33 AM
I have never used the powder form. Being pure Prazi, I would think it would be highly effective. But I can't answer your question. I use PraziPro liquid and love it. ;)
SueLol.... I've never used prazi pro...and only use pure prazi.. and I love it too,;):)

Sorry not to be of more help here.

-al

Diamond Discus
09-21-2007, 03:42 PM
It would appear you can't really go wrong with either. LOL :D