PDA

View Full Version : Beef Heart or Calf Heart ?

BOBT00LS
09-20-2007, 02:33 PM
I went out to the store to get some beef heart and sitting right next to it they had calf heart. Has anyone used the calf heart and which of the two are better ? Your coments are appreciated.

Bob

brewmaster15
09-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Hi Bob,
Calf heart is better...General observation... it has less fat and is easier for the fish to digest.... no proof of that..just experience.

-al

Blackwater Aquaria
09-20-2007, 06:54 PM
I went out to the store to get some beef heart and sitting right next to it they had calf heart. Has anyone used the calf heart and which of the two are better ? Your coments are appreciated.

Bob

Hi Bob: I have been using topround beef much less waste and very little trimming to do. I would also recommand Als mixes in the food section. Mike

tdr1919
09-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Hi Bob: I have been using topround beef much less waste and very little trimming to do. I would also recommand Als mixes in the food section. Mike

Just keep in mind many opinions on both Simply & DAAH, warn against using "beef" because of the fat content even though the package says fat free. that is why Beef heart is the preferred.

Top round may be easier for you, but it is not recommended for your Discus. I have no factual information to support this other than posts by many experienced Discus keepers.

Tom