PDA

View Full Version : Is parasites found in water harmful?

Lotus
09-25-2007, 02:22 PM
I noticed small parasites/bugs in my fish tank and it was swimming at the top of the water. They are whitish/ beige in colour and very small. I also noticed it in my 10 gallon tank too. I wanted to know if the parasites will affect my fishes and how do I get rid of them. Both tanks are planted and the water has been cloudy for more than three weeks now. I do weekly W/C sometimes twice a week about 50% at a time. The PH has been stable.

Lotus

Graham
09-25-2007, 02:29 PM
They are not parasites but just some little critter, probablt a copepod, taking advantage of the conditions in your aquariums.

Generally they'll show up if the organic load is high. I have them in my African tank...why is the water cloudy???

Lotus
09-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Oh okay thats one less thing to worry about. The water is cloudy because of the algae as the water is pale light green in colour. I went to the LFS yesterday to check my water conditions and there is nothing wrong but I have no Carbon Hardness. The staff said its a bacterial thing in my tank that is causing the cloudy water. I was told to use filter wool to clear it up.