PDA

View Full Version : Red Covers

dizkuz
09-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Just share some joy of a road trip to pick up some Redcovers that we have been waiting for...

I really love them all ready:D
Hope they will turn out to be some red monsters...
Enjoy..

Brgd Dizkuz n Matte g

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb129/dizkuzzz/CIMG0027.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb129/dizkuzzz/CIMG0028.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb129/dizkuzzz/CIMG0029.jpg

steve.ryall
09-29-2007, 06:06 PM
Thats a lovely group of fish, makes me want some too. Be good to see them in a few months.

Steve

Darren's Discus
09-29-2007, 09:49 PM
Very nice ! like Steve said it will be great to see a update on how they are going in a couple of month's all the best with them !

cheers

Elite Aquaria
09-30-2007, 08:55 AM
Very nice group of Red Covers. Where did you get them?

Dan

dizkuz
09-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Very nice group of Red Covers. Where did you get them?

Dan
Thanks all:)

They come from Lucky tropical and i think its the same line as Waynes if im not totally wrong...

I see some of them already having red on there gillplats so i have big hope for the in the future.

A little bit pale yesterday but they start to redish up better to day i must say..

This is a video from yesterday, first feeeding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzZh5QykTuo

Photos from today..

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb129/dizkuzzz/CIMG0065-1.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb129/dizkuzzz/CIMG0060-1.jpg

Brgd Dizkuz Matte G

msdiscus@yahoo.com
09-30-2007, 02:17 PM
nice fish bro:)

Elite Aquaria
09-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks all:)

They come from Lucky tropical and i think its the same line as Waynes if im not totally wrong...

I have some of Waynes Red Covers and they have the same exact lack of color on the top of the dorsal. Yours look like mine that was why I was asking.

Dan

dizkuz
09-30-2007, 04:43 PM
I have some of Waynes Red Covers and they have the same exact lack of color on the top of the dorsal. Yours look like mine that was why I was asking.

Dan

Hi there Dan!
For how long have u had them? maybe a bit older?

Please share a photo of them in my thread:D
im a bit curious about them.

Brgd Danne

Anthony
09-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Hi Dizkuz,

Thanks for your sharing photos, those Red Cover are beatiful, wish they are in my tank too....:p

dizkuz
10-01-2007, 03:16 AM
Hi Dizkuz,

Thanks for your sharing photos, those Red Cover are beatiful, wish they are in my tank too....:p

Thank u Anthony!
Had the same wish for a long time.:D

Elite Aquaria
10-02-2007, 12:22 AM
Diskuz,

I took these pictures today. I got the fish back in April. I assume they are around 8 months old by now.

Dan

dizkuz
10-02-2007, 06:35 AM
Diskuz,

I took these pictures today. I got the fish back in April. I assume they are around 8 months old by now.

Dan

Stuning Redcover Dan!

Have u color feed them any? or they just all natural :)

I was looking at the gillplats on yours, do u have any that shows red on the gillscover?
i have found a couple of ours that have that all ready:) but i have to say u are right about the top fin "spiny dorsal fin" looks striking as ours.
I guess could be the same line.

Thanks Dan for showing your! sweeet looking.
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb129/dizkuzzz/Bild043.jpg

Brgd Danne N Matte G

Elite Aquaria
10-02-2007, 06:43 AM
Dizkuz,

None of mine show any red on the gill plates. They were feed a shrimp/cod/eye of round/Natrose mixture when they first arrived. However, they have not receive this food for the past 2 1/2 months since I have cut back on water changes since I have been remodeling my fish room.

Do yours show any blue on the head?

Dan

dizkuz
10-02-2007, 07:08 AM
Dizkuz,

None of mine show any red on the gill plates. They were feed a shrimp/cod/eye of round/Natrose mixture when they first arrived. However, they have not receive this food for the past 2 1/2 months since I have cut back on water changes since I have been remodeling my fish room.

Do yours show any blue on the head?

Dan

We have 2 of them that show more of a blue tuned head, i heard about blueface redcovers...
But they dont show red on the gill plates yet.

Newline?
Have u heard anything about them, or any new info about that?
Is it a new kind of mix that show a blueface RC or is it natural that some show that?

Do u have some in your batch?

Brgd Danne

Anthony
10-04-2007, 12:28 AM
Diskuz,

Dan

Dan,

Why there is Black ring apprear in your RCover :confused:? I start to confuse once compare to Diskuz R Cover with clear body finage. Please do advise me I still a newbbie in Discus. I wish I able to have Red Cover soon in my tank.:antlers:

Anthony
10-04-2007, 12:34 AM
Thank u Anthony!
Had the same wish for a long time.:D

Diskuz,

Yah, I believe I will try by getting them in this December, so far I can't handle up with my LSS & others types of discuss I own now but still wish to have some Red Cover indeed....hahaha I very greedy yah.:D

Elite Aquaria
10-04-2007, 02:18 AM
Anthony and dizkuz,

The black ring only appeared that day. Similar to a stress bar I presume. 2 of mine have the Blue face. I also looked a little closer and one has some red at the top of the Gil plate.

Dan

Anthony
10-05-2007, 01:47 AM
Anthony and dizkuz,

The black ring only appeared that day. Similar to a stress bar I presume. 2 of mine have the Blue face. I also looked a little closer and one has some red at the top of the Gil plate.

Dan

Dan,
Oic, is only a stress bar, no wonder I saw those Ring are there. How your Red Cover now ?

Dan & Dizkuz

I still able to catch up the strain on Red Cover, What being reason & how there is a Blue Face Red Cover ? I thought Red Cover only one type.:confused:

So you Discover 2Pcs of your R. Cover having Blue Face, is this a good or bad sign ? Please forgive me by asking so many question. I hope this December I able to select a good Red Cover from Breeder.:p

dizkuz
10-05-2007, 04:33 AM
Dan,
Oic, is only a stress bar, no wonder I saw those Ring are there. How your Red Cover now ?

Dan & Dizkuz

I still able to catch up the strain on Red Cover, What being reason & how there is a Blue Face Red Cover ? I thought Red Cover only one type.:confused:

So you Discover 2Pcs of your R. Cover having Blue Face, is this a good or bad sign ? Please forgive me by asking so many question. I hope this December I able to select a good Red Cover from Breeder.:p

"I still able to catch up the strain on Red Cover, What being reason & how there is a Blue Face Red Cover ? I thought Red Cover only one type.:confused:"

I wish i could help u with this question but i really don't know whats up with the blueface red cover...maybe just a update RC:D

just saw a importer up north that will get some blue face red cover soon, so i don't think it will be a bad thing... but what the different is, i don't not yet....

There are so many goood collectors n breeder here at simply that are in too red discus, maybe some of them will tag along n help us out.:)

luenny
10-05-2007, 05:30 AM
Black ring on red cover is pretty common. You should see them when they're breeding, it's even darker - I kinda like it that way. I will try to take a picture of mine this weekend if I'm free.

Anyway, does anybody have a picture of the blue face red cover that you guys are talking about?

Elite Aquaria
10-05-2007, 06:32 AM
Anthony,

My red covers are fine...They never had a problem As far as the blue face...not sure if it is a desirable or not desirable trait. I personally would prefer a red face...:D

Dan

dizkuz
10-05-2007, 07:19 AM
Black ring on red cover is pretty common. You should see them when they're breeding, it's even darker - I kinda like it that way. I will try to take a picture of mine this weekend if I'm free.

Anyway, does anybody have a picture of the blue face red cover that you guys are talking about?

Nice too see u to join up luenny:)

This is a RC that where label as a "BlueFace Red cover" in another forum.

http://www.123hjemmeside.dk/DiscusNoahs-Ark/2066294?i=12832629

i don't know if its a new one or just a "Nick" for there blueish tone of face.
But the thing is that i have seen some RC that have that light blueish tune of head in some photos and we have some that show the same...

So we was wondering if it is any different about them or RC throw some of them in a every batch...:)

I think thats what Dan wonder also!

Brg Dizkuz

Ryan
10-05-2007, 09:49 AM
http://worldshows.discusnews.com/duisburg06/winners/red.shtml

The first fish pictured on this page has a blue face. I personally think it's a gorgeous fish. If anyone ends up with a red cover/san merah that has a blue face like this and they don't want it, I will give it an excellent home :D

dizkuz
10-05-2007, 03:05 PM

The first fish pictured on this page has a blue face. I personally think it's a gorgeous fish. If anyone ends up with a red cover/san merah that has a blue face like this and they don't want it, I will give it an excellent home :D

WOW!!! that's extreme:D

Anthony
10-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Anthony,

My red covers are fine...They never had a problem As far as the blue face...not sure if it is a desirable on not desirable trait. I personally would prefer a red face...:D

Dan

Dan & dizkuz,

After seeing a Blue Face :fish:RC attached file by Ryan Smith, I was thinking If I able to get some but not many on Blue Face RC too....looks very interesting & special...hahaha Blue face with Solid Red body. Wow:rolleyes: Then I have to do some search in Malaysia .... :D:cool:

Anthony
10-07-2007, 08:56 PM

Ryan, thanks for your attached Picture on :fish:Blue Face RC yah. Do you own any Blue Face RC ?:rolleyes:

Anthony
10-07-2007, 08:58 PM

Hi, Luenny happy to see u here too, is R&R here ... remember me ?:D

luenny
10-07-2007, 11:16 PM
Hi Anthony,
Yes I remember you. I was wondering where are you haven't heard from you for so long.

As for the photo of the black rim, I haven't shoot any yet because the female always hiding behind the male when my camera is there. Darn! And sometimes she just loses her black rim - kind of signalling the fries to go to daddy because mommy wants to rest.

Oh the blue face RC nice right? I was told by a breeder that the blue face one is an older strain RC that is more brownish base. When they turn dark, the face turns blue. The other brown or red face ones have been crossed with something else so the face is not blue anymore. I don't really know if that is true.

Anthony
10-07-2007, 11:51 PM
Luenny,

Thanks for your information, at least able to know what is Blue Face RC indeed. Yah Blue face attracted my attention this time as well as Being long wait by owing a pair of Red Cover & Blue face RC as well this time.......very greedy yah....hahaha:D

So by your explanation on the Black Ring ....is a signal as well, meaning to say every Red Cover do having this B.ring ?

Luenny is there any way I able to get reasonable price of Blue Face & Red Face cover (both) ? Geeting agressively.:D

luenny
10-08-2007, 01:32 AM
Anthony,
I really don't know the price of blue face RC. I don't have one myself. Maybe if some of my fries grow up to be blue face, I can sell them to you? Lol!! :D

Anyway, the black ring does not appear on all RC as far as I know. My male RC does not even have a ring to begin with so when they turn dark, the color just turns darker. No ring. I am also very new to RC - just bought mine less than 6 months ago so I can't really comment much.

Anthony
10-08-2007, 02:12 AM
:rolleyes2:Oic, then hope you get a Blue face RC by the 1st breeds so that all benefit me....:D As for Red Cover, is William & urself would know any better Pricing on Red Cover or any places I able to refer at ?
I really intend to have some too, very admired most of you having Red Cover but not me.:(

Lucky Tropical
10-08-2007, 08:24 AM
Here is new version of Red Cover.Just like to share with all simply member

luenny
10-08-2007, 09:17 AM
Red cover with blue rim, now I've seen it all. Very nice!

Hey Anthony, there you go. Just look for Lucky Tropical in the sponsor section and ask for Mystique.

Ryan
10-08-2007, 11:47 AM
I love that version even more. The blue face and the blue ring in the fins are incredible.

dizkuz
10-08-2007, 01:36 PM

Thats insane!:D
We talk about blueface and u show us this... i just lost my words totally..

I would love to have a few of them in the future:angel:

Brgd Dizkuz

mikesmac
10-08-2007, 02:30 PM

What a sharp looking discus! Is this something that you are going to have available for sale in the near future? If so can you keep me updated on when I will need to be included in the order? Thanks.

Mike

Elite Aquaria
10-08-2007, 06:47 PM
That is a very interesting Red Cover...

Dan

luenny
10-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Thats insane!:D
We talk about blueface and u show us this... i just lost my words totally..

I would love to have a few of them in the future:angel:

Brgd Dizkuz

Hahaha ... guess we have to keep buying to satisfy ourselves. :D

Probably by the time you bought these, someone else will show you some other new strains. :D:p:D

Elite Aquaria
10-08-2007, 09:35 PM

Probably by the time you bought these, someone else will show you some other new strains. :D:p:D

Yes that is how it always is...

Dan

Anthony
10-08-2007, 09:57 PM
Oh my God .... what .... what a interesting Red Cover with Blue face & Blue ring.......hold on .... hold on .... this must be very expensive....can't effort:( I'm speakless while looking at this new RC strain of Discus.

L. Tropical, Thanks by showing of me this awesome RCblueface & ring discus.:)

Anthony
10-08-2007, 10:01 PM

Ha..ha..ha, i totally agree what luenny say here, where come to RC then RC Blue face & finally come RC Blue face & Blue Ring...... :D

I still say the new strain of RC Blue face with Blue ring look awesome.....speakless:bounce:

dizkuz
10-09-2007, 01:16 PM

True! True! my friend.

That's the biggest problem with this hobby:D

Brgd Danne

dizkuz
01-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Just some updates on the Red covers.
Is there anyone else the nodest that the most dominate once change color when feeding. that are insane how dark they can go in just a sec.

Some pic to share.
Not the redish one and i have stop feeding red for a long time now

seanyuki
01-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Just some updates on the Red covers.
Is there anyone else the nodest that the most dominate once change color when feeding. that are insane how dark they can go in just a sec.

Some pic to share.
Not the redish one and i have stop feeding red for a long time now

Hi Dizkuz,

Thanks for sharing those photos,the Red Covers are beautiful and
really envy you.

Cheers
Francis

Rod
01-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Beautiful Danne, great looking RC.

Rod:)

Al M.
01-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Hey Dizkuz

those fish are really looking nice, I also have some from Waynes line, some have the blue face which I love.

All of mine with the blue face seem to be males, have you been able to sex your blue face yet I would like to know it this is a trend or not. How bout you Elite Aquaria, your blue faces male or is it just me......

dizkuz
01-07-2008, 01:32 AM
Hey Dizkuz

those fish are really looking nice, I also have some from Waynes line, some have the blue face which I love.

All of mine with the blue face seem to be males, have you been able to sex your blue face yet I would like to know it this is a trend or not. How bout you Elite Aquaria, your blue faces male or is it just me......

Hi there Al M

Blue face, hmmm dont know yet, mine are still to young for me to know the sex, they have to mature a bit further to pair up, still just youngster/teenage/pre-adults....

Please share some of yours in this threads, nice to See some wayne line Redcovers:)

And Elite, some update? yours will be adults by now and true beauty's. right?

Take care all!
:angel:

moltrup32
01-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Hello neigbour... Iīve had these for about a year. They are from Waynes line. Ive added one of their siblings from the first spawn. As you can see, I donīt use any color food for the pair. I think the male has a little blue in the face, but not a lot.

jczz1232
01-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Hmm really nice red covers guys. What was very interesting was the one with the blue trim. Looks nice.

John

Discus_KC
01-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Let's see some fry pics !! Get those fish breeding !!

Jack

Darren's Discus
01-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Beautiful !,i'm with Jack let's see some fry pics !

cheers

moltrup32
01-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Thank you. A few from today, I have wery poor light in the tank where I raise them:o.

And fry video.
http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh140/moltrup32/?action=view&current=lidtbillederfraEjbyogopdrt006.flv

Elite Aquaria
01-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Hey Dizkuz

I will try to take some Pictures tonight....

Elite Aquaria
02-17-2008, 11:38 PM
My female and males have the blue face...Also look closely my female has the blue rim on the dorsal and anal fins...:D